BOX1

P1000 Cant get my satv flip up aligned

K

Kelldog

Dec 2, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
With all the bolts loose cant get enough adjustment to correct the alignment. windshield does latch but its not square when lining it up with the roll bar/ cage. Driver side needs to come up about an inch or passenger down an inch.
the gas strut brackets which i will call the main brackets as far as i see are not adjustable. . Once i get the top and bottom clamp on the roll bar, cage theres no more room to adjust. Its a solid bracket from there. Slop in screws isnt going to give me an inch adjstment needed. Lower windshield is down on hood as far as it will go.

anyone else run into this?

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do you have a roof?
There have been a few people who had their roof clamps/brackets on incorrectly. This improperly placed roof clamp interfered with the top clamps and would not let the windshield sit correctly.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The rotation of those clamps have a ton to do with alignment with top and bottom plexiglass meeting up in the joint. That doesn't account for the vertical issue you described.

I have installed about 6 of these units and can verify you really need every fastener loose, each metal piece adjusts horizontal and vertical on the plexiglass. It takes time and patience to get it all lined up, I had 2 of the 6 just go right out of the box, the other 4 took some time adjusting, but everything did line up with some time and patience.

Good luck getting it lined up.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do have a roof. However i loosened all the roof brackets enough to lift up the roof to get that gas strut bracket clamped to the roof over the roof gasket
Roof gasket? I agree with @JACKAL . All clamps and fasteners have to be loose to line it up. Took me a couple hrs to install mine and get it right.

K

Kelldog

Dec 2, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
theres enough slop in the screws to get an inch of play out of it? For some reason i am just not getting that much slop

Reactions: TimG and Lady01
TexasJackKin

TexasJackKin

Nov 22, 2020
Dayton, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The dealer miss installed mine, the joint between the top and bottom piece was way off. I ended up having to grind some off the bottom piece so I could lower it a bit. In the process I also got a better fit with the hood. This all seemed normal to me, as I've installed a lot of aircraft wind shields and they never fit, without grinding..... Not saying that's the right way to do it, but that's what I ended up doing....

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Lots of good tips here. Make sure the seals are fully engaged all the way around. They can be a pain and not seat all the way if you try to put them on cold and dry. Tap them on with a rubber mallet all the way around. From there, just take your time and try to get a second set of hands to help with the upper piece. It'll be a lot easier with a little alignment help.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
i already removed the lower windshield temporarily to see if it made a difference. Nothing. I am going to need a helper now to go any further
A second set of hands makes the installation 10x easier. Remember the idea is mounting the bottom section correctly and square then installation of the larger flip up section to properly mate up with the fixed bottom piece. Having the roof clamps off the front roll bar completely makes it much easier. Just undo clamps and prop up with a wood block or two.

Many who have had issues worried more about windshield to roof gap and not the upper to lower windshield sections matching up as the FIRST PRIORITY, approaching it from that perspective makes installation adjustments easier.

Fdxjettech

Fdxjettech

Oct 21, 2021
Oakland TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi everyone. New here. first post. It took me a couple of hours to get mine on and aligned just right. First thing to do is, (as said above) get the bottom windshield installed and in place. Then set the upper windshield in place, relative to the lower one. This should give you enough clearance on the Honda Factory roof. When I installed mine it took me a while to realze that all the factory installed hardware on the windshield (out of the box) was installed BACKWARDS. on the wrong side of the shield.
So make sure thats done correctly or you will be chasing your tail forever.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hi everyone. New here. first post. It took me a couple of hours to get mine on and aligned just right. First thing to do is, (as said above) get the bottom windshield installed and in place. Then set the upper windshield in place, relative to the lower one. This should give you enough clearance on the Honda Factory roof. When I installed mine it took me a while to realze that all the factory installed hardware on the windshield (out of the box) was installed BACKWARDS. on the wrong side of the shield.
So make sure thats done correctly or you will be chasing your tail forever.
Although not the right place........welcome from south Fl
Pics or it didn't happen!!!

#NTC

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!