Cargo bed dump lock latch problem

vegasangler

vegasangler

Nov 23, 2021
N. Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was surprised I could not find anything in the forums on this as it seems like it would be a common issue. When I release my dump bed, the safety lock latch under the rear seats hangs up and prevents the bed from tilting. Found two video on this on YouTube that shows there is a plastic piece that readily gets lost and causes this issue. Fix in the video is to add a piece of 3/8 tubing over the lever. It appears the way this works is that the plastic or tubing needs to be in place so when the seats are down (not used) they rest on this piece and allow the bed to tilt. Provides safety so bed does not tilt when seats are used. Is this the best solution or are there others that have resolved this issue? Thanks

IMG 1774

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Provides safety so bed does not tilt when seats are used.
No need to worry about that unless you have ghost riders in the back!😂

Thats a good tip tho.
The reason this prob has not been addressed much is that when people do any kind of bed storage mod, any kind of issue like that gets thrown out the window sort of speak!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!