HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Yes, as long as you get the wiring polarity correct. But isn't the accessory port switched? If it is, the ignition would have to be on to charge. That wouldn't be good.

Why not add a pig tail connected directly to the battery?

I have a short lead (pigtail) attached to the battery and extending out under the back of the front cover. When I take the buggy out I yank on the wire on the trickle charger to remove it. when the buggy returns to the garage I reconnect the charger. Always.

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
Yes, as long as you get the wiring polarity correct. But isn't the accessory port switched? If it is, the ignition would have to be on to charge. That wouldn't be good.

I have a short lead (pigtail) attached to the battery and extending out under the back of the front cover. When I take the buggy out I yank on the wire on the trickle charger to remove it. when the buggy returns to the garage I reconnect the charger. Always.
👆👆👆 What he said.

D

driller

Feb 19, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 520

Mine came with that pigtail from the dealer. It fits any of the battery maintainers I have in the garage.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Can the battery be trickle charged through the accessory port on the dash?
This was discussed at length earlier today…..

Reactions: SILVER_ALERT
Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
I put the trickle charger under the seat on the passenger side and leave the cord so that I can stuff it behind the passenger when riding and pull it out to plug it in.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!