P1000 Check engine light

L

Linds3406

Aug 20, 2023
Kenticky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 2023 honda pioneer 1000-5 trail edition and it has 284 miles on it and the engine light is on. its idling at 2500 rpm any ideas what it may be before I take it to the shop? thanks

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
have a 2023 honda pioneer 1000-5
Welcome from Michigan!

When u get this fingered out, start a welcome thread and you need to post pics cuz these guys get mad if you dont and start shouting…
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!
Just sayin..

Reactions: TxDoc
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Michigan!

When u get this fingered out, start a welcome thread and you need to post pics cuz these guys get mad if you dont and start shouting…
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!
Just sayin..

Welcome! And don't get too offended or flustered over what @Remington said, valid as it may be. He is doubtless the most vociferous guy here when it comes to prodding folks to post pictures. There's a purported and interesting reason for that as an unsubstantiated and questionable rumor floating about that his momma was busy at the time, his daddy ran out of film, the doc was trying to find someone to spank after wearing out the nurse, and not a single photo of the moment exists. He plopped into this world with no picture proof. As you can imagine, this presents a weighty and perplexing problem. Did it happen or did it not? Is @Remington really just a crude and early example of AI running amok? Could it be he's really an alien life form? With no pictures of that critical moment, we may never know.

• Haha
Reactions: TripleB and TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Welcome! And don't get too offended or flustered over what @Remington said, valid as it may be. He is doubtless the most vociferous guy here when it comes to prodding folks to post pictures. There's a purported and interesting reason for that as an unsubstantiated and questionable rumor floating about that his momma was busy at the time, his daddy ran out of film, the doc was trying to find someone to spank after wearing out the nurse, and not a single photo of the moment exists. He plopped into this world with no picture proof. As you can imagine, this presents a weighty and perplexing problem. Did it happen or did it not? Is @Remington really just a crude and early example of AI running amok? Could it be he's really an alien life form? With no pictures of that critical moment, we may never know.
Really? You need to ease up on the pot bro! 🤣
IMG 2558

Last edited:
Mark in Northern Iowa

Mark in Northern Iowa

Club Contributor
Oct 20, 2021
Floyd County, Iowa
kramnella.wixsite.com
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Not flashing at all, staying on.
IF you had a 2016-2020, I would say......
Check out the "No Blink Troubleshooting", bottom of the page.
MIL(Malfunction Indicator Light) stays on but no DTCs(Diagnostic Trouble Codes)
- - Troubleshoot the MIL circuit, (page 4-33)
The information might still help you.
Keep thinking I read somewhere @HondaTech posted that if the light stays on to check your battery connections. Don't quote me on that, haha, you read through so many threads, you forget where you saw it. Let me see if I can find it.
Edit.
- Nope, can't find it. Maybe it wasn't him. haha
Have a good day

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!