L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
Maybe someone has done this and I missed but would like to put together a checklist so when others come, we have something to give.
These are not cheap and I see people frequently asking what to look for and what to avoid. It would also be a check list for someone about to sell theirs so there aren't any surprises when someone comes to look at it.

I can think of some things and some listed might need a bit more splainin' to help new owners.
Hoping others will join in and then I will organize it when complete. Thanks all in advance.

* Tires OEM or Aftermarket.
Tread depth
Cuts/plugs
Size
PSI
* Lights and aux. plug work
* 2 Keys?
* Maintenance records
* Oil level and check to see there is no water
* Antifreeze level
* Check skid plate for damage
* A arms, cross members and other exposed components.
* Check out all options for functionality, winch, stereo's aux. lights etc.
* Battery age. Look for corrosion at cable ends from battery to starter to winch etc. See if it is charged at least to 12.6 when off.
*Check rear seats or under mats or covers for any issues
*General condition inside and out
*Look at top of roof for damage
*See if windshield is badly scratched. Does half windshield work properly (if equipped)
*See that all gauges function

Lastly, how would you best check A arms and such? A metal ruler or straight edge just to see if they are bent?

Reactions: Mudwing and TxDoc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!