P1000 Cigarette socket

D

Dasmoeturhead

Does anybody know if there are any other fuses that power this thing, besides the one in the fuse holder under the hood? Mine stopped working, and the 10 amp fuse, and all other fuses are good. I used to run a 12vdc mini air compressor on it. Now I have no power. The manual doesn't mention anything. Thanks for any help

D

Dasmoeturhead

Hondasxs answered this question back in 2019, and he said there is not another fuse besides the 15a one in the fuse box. Maybe I burnt the thing out internally. It ain't easy to get to but I can get it out from under the hood. Not before losing a bit of O pos though. Lol

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hondasxs answered this question back in 2019, and he said there is not another fuse besides the 15a one in the fuse box. Maybe I burnt the thing out internally. It ain't easy to get to but I can get it out from under the hood. Not before losing a bit of O pos though. Lol
Did you check for power in the socket it's self?

Reactions: Biteme
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Make sure the harness (on the back side) didn't get unplugged (there is a connector that plugs in) and the wiring didn't get frayed/cut.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Everything checks out. Yes it's the 15 a fuse and it's good. Plug is attached.

I'm I missing something here?
Nope.
Between the 15a fuse and the CIG is only the connector into the CIG.

Could be a bad pin or bent pin.

Other than a connector issue....
If you don't have power to that connector then you have a broke wire.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
the 15 a fuse and it's good.
How did u check it?
Put a new one in just for spite. Sometimes they cant be seen when there bad and a test light is NOT the way to check them. Done this once to a dash circuit once. Odds are its something easy.

Reactions: Smitty335 and Scoop
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I finally found it. It was a piggy backed 15a fuse I installed like 7 years ago. Thanks for the help.
I try to remove ALL of those when installing. Hate tracking them down/remembering them years later. :D

Reactions: cntryby