P500 Cleaning Windscreens and Rear Panels plastics-products?

CMFox

CMFox

Oct 29, 2015
Central Oregon
I did a search for this question, but could find nothing. So apologies if this subject has been covered.

Background:
I am new to SXS and have a Honda Pioneer 500. Because of the heavy volcanic dust where I ride and cold weather I have installed a full Hardcoat Windscreen and Fabric Rear Panel with clear plastic, back window.
I want to keep the plastics on these pristine and clear and not use products that could damage them.

Question:
After I ride, I wash the dust off and chamois dry. But the front and back screens are still spotty. Is there a product that is safe to use on them to polish them up and even help them shed some of the fine dust?

Thanks.

HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Mine are 3 and 4 years old on my sxs s and in nice shape still . I like plain water and dry with a micro fiber cloth .

Reactions: Montecresto
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Use Jeep soft top window polish. About the best thing you can get since it’s basically keep soft top windows...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JollyJoker

JollyJoker

Jan 19, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
I have used Plexus for 3 years now and everybody always asks me if I got a new S x S. I use it on the plastic fenders and hood also. Great stuff!

Reactions: Farmer
dls1966

dls1966

Mar 4, 2018
Kawkawlin Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Been using novus#1 it's what they use at the dealership just spray it on and wipe it off with a microfiber cloth
20181022 191625

advertisement
B

BSD

Apr 18, 2017
NH
Ownership

1. 500
Plexus every so often on the entire plastics on the machine. In between I spray off all mud and dirt with a hose or pressure washer and use gallon jug of Rain-X auto window washer in a hand spray bottle. Use it regularly and water, dirt, grime rinses off really easily. Hasn’t hurt my plastics, hardcoat, or isinglass.

Dallasaero

Dallasaero

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2016
Poplar MT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
FDFA23C7 6EA0 4F4A A79E E541B286B607
As the owner of seven aircraft, I can tell you it is of the upmost importance that you NEVER try to clean your windshield when there is any debris on it. After you do have it clean, the kitchen product known as Clear View works very well on your windshield and any plastic surfaces. Also I have used the kitchen product known as Pledge it works very well also. Pledge gets rid of the minute scratchers and eliminates the halos when driving into the sun.

Jetdude

Jetdude

Apr 10, 2018
Washington
Ownership

1. 500
I did a search for this question, but could find nothing. So apologies if this subject has been covered.

Background:
I am new to SXS and have a Honda Pioneer 500. Because of the heavy volcanic dust where I ride and cold weather I have installed a full Hardcoat Windscreen and Fabric Rear Panel with clear plastic, back window.
I want to keep the plastics on these pristine and clear and not use products that could damage them.

Question:
After I ride, I wash the dust off and chamois dry. But the front and back screens are still spotty. Is there a product that is safe to use on them to polish them up and even help them shed some of the fine dust?

Thanks.
Try Flitz...
It works great on the plastic and gives it a rain repellent affect similar to rainy. Flits also polished out scratches and keeps it looking like new.

Reactions: Montecresto

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!