CO2 for air ?

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone using a 20oz paintball type with a small regulator for a backup air source?
Lowes used to sell a kit you could do this with and run small air tools etc.

Used the larger ones for some rock crawling builds. Thinking under the seat would be a good place. Easily hold 2 of the 20 oz canisters.

I have a large 12v slime compressor that is great, but they die at the most inoportune times.

Any body done this?

Reactions: swsebek
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I have tried a few compact regulators too. but none of them have held up to trail abuse.
I really like the PowerShot CO2 Trigger. Its $110.

Reactions: Superthrill
S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sweet, got a bunch of paintball stuff. Going to put one together!

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This will be my backup to my 12v pump. The pump I have is a large one and will seat beads, but can be tricky to do with a ratchet straps.

Was in Royal blue and ran across a guy on a Can Am outlander that had lost 2 beads.

When we tipped it over to get to them easier, he lost the other 2!
Thought I was going to burn up the pump.
That is why I want the CO2. Primarily for bigger jobs and a back up.

Fro

Fro

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2016
Ardmore
I've built a small tank setup to carry with me. Now I need to go to a welding shop and buy or rent a big bottle full of CO2. There isn't anyone in my area that fills paint ball bottles. I guess no one plays paintball anymore around here.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I've built a small tank setup to carry with me. Now I need to go to a welding shop and buy or rent a big bottle full of CO2. There isn't anyone in my area that fills paint ball bottles. I guess no one plays paintball anymore around here.
That would not be worth it in my opinion. I've never tried the disposable co2 canister. I'd switch to that. They have the normal small ones and larger ones.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pretty sure you could use the Soda Stream ones as well. Lot of the stores around here exchange those. My son lives 5 minutes from a paintball field. Those are no problem for me. I actually have a filling setup from my kids paintball days. Easier to drop them off and refill for $5 than drag all the stuff out.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!