MKULTRA

Account Closed
Account Self Deleted
Supporting Member
Feb 17, 2019
IA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Does anybody know, or can point me to what the cylinder head compression test specs are for the 700 (2014 year, 2200 miles). Thanks.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
80 PSI.
Make sure the battery is in good shape and you hold it wide open while testing.

M

MKULTRA

Account Closed
Account Self Deleted
Supporting Member
Feb 17, 2019
IA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thank you very much.

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thank you very much.
I should note that this figure is at operating temp, and doesn't give a minimum...just 80 psi.

Also, some Facebook mechanics will balk at 80 ad say its too low, but the machine has a decompression device to aid starting, and thats why the figure seems pretty low.

M

MKULTRA

Account Closed
Account Self Deleted
Supporting Member
Feb 17, 2019
IA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah, I also wondered about that, but I figured they had some sort of decompression valve as I’ve ran into that before.

H

HondaPioneerHorse

May 5, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I should note that this figure is at operating temp, and doesn't give a minimum...just 80 psi.

Also, some Facebook mechanics will balk at 80 ad say its too low, but the machine has a decompression device to aid starting, and thats why the figure seems pretty low.
Thank you for your help. My 700 is not wanting to start which may be ignition issue but it’s running higher than 80 psi. It’s testing at 110psi. I’ve checked the valve clearances and they’re good. I Shop manual says that if it is running high compression it could possibly be a broken or worn out decompression system. So far two Honda shops and Rocky Mountain Atv have no idea what parts I could replace on the decompression system to correct the problem of high compression.
I should add that this rig has 12,000 miles on it and the engine was completely rebuilt last year.
thanks,
Jay

Reactions: Mudwing
D

DanielAguilar18

Feb 8, 2022
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thank you for your help. My 700 is not wanting to start which may be ignition issue but it’s running higher than 80 psi. It’s testing at 110psi. I’ve checked the valve clearances and they’re good. I Shop manual says that if it is running high compression it could possibly be a broken or worn out decompression system. So far two Honda shops and Rocky Mountain Atv have no idea what parts I could replace on the decompression system to correct the problem of high compression.
I should add that this rig has 12,000 miles on it and the engine was completely rebuilt last year.
thanks,
Jay
Did you ever figure out anything else?

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!