Confusion about Heater Location. Help?

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
I just finished installing the Honda electrical switch panel kit and my windshield wiper kit. (I have a glass windshield and hardtop). I am going to install my 4000 lb viper winch and KFI bracket today. Also I am waiting on a Honda Heater so that I can install it.

MY QUESTION: Will the heater sit up under the dash compartment (under removable hood)? Should I not use this area for the winch's contactor solenoid? Where are others putting the winch solenoid? Anyone have Honda instructions for THE HONDA winch mounting to see where Honda puts things??

Has anyone seen the mounting instructions for the Heater…..so that I don't get sideways with mounting other stuff? Kinda hard to know how to go about stuff with multiple release dates on parts and information. Grrrrrrr Advice? Help?

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
Honda….will you please release the needed installation instructions? Please?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Foggy,
The heater installs where you said, under the hood. There still should be room for the winch contactor around there too, like on the side. I seen the basic picture of the fan on Hondas site but do not have the instructions.

For the winch. I installed mine there. Only issue was the cable were too short. I had to extend them.

Elkhunter

Elkhunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 17, 2013
Minnesota
the winch mounting installation diagrams are now online on Hondas website

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
thanks guys! I'm off for a look on the Honda site.

F

foggy

Sep 13, 2013
Somewhat limited on where my contacter would go, based on the cable lengths furnished with my Viper winch. After considering all there is to do, I mounted the contacted under the drivers seat on a channel not too far from the exhaust system (far as the cable would allow). I think it's going to work out OK….but it sure is a difficult area to drill a hole and turn wrenches…..with the tools I have. Glad that contacted is mounted. Seems they could make things a bit easier…..NO?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!