Congress, AZ quick ride

B

Boundertom

Dec 12, 2020
AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
The wife and I took a little ride the day before yesterday. We are very fortunate in being able to ride from our small community directly onto BLM land, with MANY miles of roads and trails to ride. The spot in the picture is 6 miles from home as the crow flies, or about 10 miles by trail. We could actually see our community from there. I call this little trail Scenic Ridge Trail. I have 4 geocaches hidden there, and I went up to check on them. I have only been on this forum for 3 months or so, but I don't remember anyone mentioning Geocaching. It is a great activity to combine with off roading. Maybe I will start a thread on that.......... Anyway, the spot in the picture is where we stopped for lunch, and is near one of the caches. Those are the Bradshaw Mountains in the background. Watch out for the chollas! We are very fortunate to live in such a beautiful and peaceful area. I am pretty angry about what is happening in our country these days. Getting out for a ride gives me a temporary respite from that!

20210309 120036

B

Boundertom

Dec 12, 2020
AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Love the flags. 👍 👍 Are the flag poles rigid or 'sprung'? How are they on the faster sections? You're right about our country. :confused:
Thanks, CID! I love flying the flags. The whips are the same ones that Terry H uses. I figured that if they were good enough for him, they were plenty good enough for me! He has a video on them. Surprise!! Anyway they are the 4' Day Whips from 5150 Whips. They are not sprung. They have a very nice magnetic mount. You bolt the base to the machine, then the whip drops into the base and has a very strong magnet to hold it. So, they are easy enough to pop out, should we get into lots of trees. They do great on the highway, we run 60 mph all the time.

The flags are 8" x 12" boat flags made by Annin Flagmakers. Made in USA! I have had pretty good success with their flags at home, and we have plenty of wind and sun here in AZ! The flags are attached to the whips with zip ties.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I saw Terry's video (yep, surprise, surprise) on the magnetic flag mounts but had forgotten about them. #oleguy :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335
IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I can relate as I too live in a small golf/offroad community called Valle Vista and I can litterally ride out of my garage and onto endless trails. I have been riding these trails for 17 years and have only made a dent in the trail system. When you drive around in Valle Vista all you see are golf carts and utv/atv's in every one's garage...LOL! The YXZ's are Talon's now.
IMG 2871
IMG 2987
IMG 3035

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Awesome pictures and ability to get to the trails. We’re fortunate where I live too but the neighborhoods are eating them up. I did have a question, how does anything get done in a town named congress...

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome pictures and ability to get to the trails. We’re fortunate where I live too but the neighborhoods are eating them up. I did have a question, how does anything get done in a town named congress...

No politicians

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: CID
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!