P700m4 Coolant boiling over

Superfan75

Superfan75

Jul 16, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have a 2016 700 P4 that I have had zero issues with overheating. The other day when I pulled it out of the garage I noticed a small puddle of blue coolant on the floor. I checked the tank and it a little low but not empty. It did idle a lot a couple of times when I was plowing the driveway, but I never saw the temp light come on. Is this something I should worry about or should I just top it off and keep track of it. I've used it some since I noticed the puddle and I haven't seen any coolant in the snow. Thanx for any input on this.

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
I’d just top it off and keep a check on it might have been a air bubble burp that splashed some out of the over flow

Reactions: Superfan75
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I would keep and Eye on it and I have seen guys with hoses that just needed the clamps tightened. Thermostat housing gaskets and the O rings leaking. Plowing really warms the ol girl up.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check your thermostat housing. Seems a few guys have had an issue lately where it was not clocked correctly during orignal build at the plant. Definitely a starting point.

Superfan75

Superfan75

Jul 16, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hey Thanx guys I'll check the clamps and thermostat housing after I top it off and see if I can see what may have caused it. A loose clamp may explain why it did it all of a sudden.

H

HondaTech

Clamps on the hose that go from the oil cooler to the head are notorious for getting loose or going bad. It's the hose you take off for a heater install, about an 8 inch piece of hose.

If also look into the water pump weep hose. I've had a few water pumps go bad and they'll leak from that hose to show the pumps bad.

As far as the thermostat housing goes. My old DSM said he a had a few that weren't flat and needed sanded down a little. But that should've leaked from new.

Last edited:
Superfan75

Superfan75

Jul 16, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 700-4
When it warms up I get a good look at those hose clamps and make sure they are still tight. That might explain why it just started to bother. Although I topped off the reservoir and I plowed the driveway today and I don't think it leaked or boiled over. I wonder if the radiator got blocked with snow the other day when I noticed the little puddle. It wasn't much either, probably not much more than a cup of coolant. I'm still going to check the clamps to make sure. Thanx guys.

Reactions: swsebek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!