CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Iffn it doesn't burn fossil fuels and pollute the environment, I don't want anything to do with it. :cool: This is the last year you can buy a Honda fossil fueled lawn mower; if yer young and want a lifetime mower, ya better get right out there and buy one before they're gone forever. :( I bought a Honda, fossil fuel burnin' hydrostatic last year before I knew this was coming. 👍

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Anybody runnin a cordless lawn mower?
The wife wanted somethin that didnt require gas or oil so I got her a Ryobi 40v 21" mower. We shall see......
You must have a small lawn. If you have a big yard a gas powered zero turn is the way to go. We have an electric Stihl leaf blower, weed eater and chain saw, although the gas powered alternatives are much stronger.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Anybody runnin a cordless lawn mower?
The wife wanted somethin that didnt require gas or oil so I got her a Ryobi 40v 21" mower. We shall see......
Give her one of these. Then let us know how long it takes before she cooks you dinner again ... 😅

P.S. - Aren't ALL gas lawn mowers 'cordless'? :p

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yeah thats a negative on the electric mower. I have just over an acre and a half, I use a gas zero turn. If I needed a pusher, It would
Be gas. I See these yahoo’s in Ann Arbor on my route with there electric pushes (waring a mask :rolleyes: ) runnin out of charge 1/2 way through a cut. Plus there $hit when the grass is Higher than normal. Bog down like a Poo Poo on a dirt road! Most of them have this god awful whine sound after a yrs use too.
If I lived there what Id give to have one of those old lawn boy 2-strokes like my dad had just to piss those tree huggers off! It was a great sceeter repellent! 🤣

H

HondaTech

Iffn it doesn't burn fossil fuels and pollute the environment, I don't want anything to do with it. :cool: This is the last year you can buy a Honda fossil fueled lawn mower; if yer young and want a lifetime mower, ya better get right out there and buy one before they're gone forever. :( I bought a Honda, fossil fuel burnin' hydrostatic last year before I knew this was coming. 👍

Well it won't be for a lifetime then, those hydrostats are garbage.

And you'd have a better chance at wrangling a grizzly bear then getting them to replace one.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yeah thats a negative on the electric mower. I have just over an acre and a half, I use a gas zero turn. If I needed a pusher, It would
Be gas. I See these yahoo’s in Ann Arbor on my route with there electric pushes (waring a mask :rolleyes: ) runnin out of charge 1/2 way through a cut. Plus there $hit when the grass is Higher than normal. Bog down like a Poo Poo on a dirt road! Most of them have this god awful whine sound after a yrs use too.
If I lived there what Id give to have one of those old lawn boy 2-strokes like my dad had just to piss those tree huggers off! It was a great sceeter repellent! 🤣
When I was a teen we had a 21" lawn boy 2 stroke mower. Had a low and a fast speed ,no throttle cable. Had an aluminum frame. Mowed like a champ.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
When I was a teen we had a 21" lawn boy 2 stroke mower. Had a low and a fast speed ,no throttle cable. Had an aluminum frame. Mowed like a champ.
They were the best! I learned how to mow as a kid with one of those! My old man always mixed 50:1 on the oil heavy side so it would smoke more! 🤣 That sucker ran forever tho!

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
At our old house we had half a block we mowed. It was done using a gas Dixon with cone drive 42" deck if I remember correctly. Tight areas were done with a craftsman battery powered mower that did well. I think it was 40V. I can't remember. The trimmer was a worx 56V and leaf blower was worx 56V as well as worx 56V hedge trimmer. All the cordless stuff did great. In a single mow we never had issues with duration of power. In our current home we manage 3 acres of the 20 we live on. We now use a world lawn cobra 60", a Dixon ztr hydrostat 54", (craftsman hydrostat junk mower I use for the brush with 26HP v twin briggs and 54" deck) yard max self propelled bagging push mower, and stihl 56 trimmer. There is not enough charge in the batteries to do what we do now. When it's overgrown we use the Kubota L3301 with 6ft rotary cutter on the back. (don't call it a brush hog, the dealer gets pissy)

My grandma who I believe is 86 this year was using a battery powered push mower last year. It was a greenworks. She hated it. So she now uses an electric start gas self propelled push mower.

Last edited:
advertisement
Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
They were the best! I learned how to mow as a kid with one of those! My old man always mixed 50:1 on the oil heavy side so it would smoke more! 🤣 That sucker ran forever tho!
After my step dad retired from the fire dept. we moved to the country and had a huge yard. It's been a riding mower of some sort ever since. That was in 1974 and the Jackson crime rate was escalating. Been in the country ever since.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Couple years ago we got a Greenworks 80volt. Mow 2/3 acre, bought extra battery and between the two they do it. Batts charge damn fast though. Also got weed whacker blower and chainsaw. Embarrassing saying but we wouldn’t go back to gas!

IMG 1468

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
We just purchased the same ryobi 40 for the grass at my office. It literally takes 15 minutes to cut the grass. So far it has done well for what we need. I am in Central Texas so the grass doesn't grow much from June to September 🤣

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Well it won't be for a lifetime then, those hydrostats are garbage.

And you'd have a better chance at wrangling a grizzly bear then getting them to replace one.
The old Master Series Hydro's would go for ever. Not sure about the new Harmony types.

Reactions: CID
Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I used to put Honda GXV120's on Sensation and Bobcat decks for people.

I would never see them again, never needed anything.

Reactions: CID
H

HondaTech

The old Master Series Hydro's would go for ever. Not sure about the new Harmony types.

They either start making noise, and Honda wants you to bleed them, their never right after that. They either start making noise again or quit.

Or they start leaking and Honda will tell you to pound sand, since you must have gotten debris or something wrapped around the shaft and damaged the seal.

Just get a slip belt and it'll go until the belt needs replaced. My HRX is from 2016 and is still on the original belt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerryg
R

Rdrcr

Aug 16, 2022
WA
Ownership

1. 520
When I mowed my property with my old John Deere garden tractor, it took 3 1/2 hours per mow and I had to stop and fill the gas tank in the middle of my chore to complete the job. I bought a compact diesel tractor with a MMM (mid mount mower) which didn’t require a refuel and saved me about a half hours time. I bought a commercial ZTR and I can now mow my property in roughly 2 hours.

I wonder how many days/battery swaps it would take with an electric? Guess what? I’m not gonna find out. ;)

Mike

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!