monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
I finally finished the under-seat storage box. I held off for a long time due to cost... but I wanted one so I pushed thru anyhow and got this finalized and posted here.
Spring clip lid with weather-seal, bottom sealed on with RTV gasket seal. 9" deep - although could be any depth really. (Possibility for a lower-cost 5" depth version?)

Liter for liter, a better deal than OEM by $10 per liter... Thanks for checking it out!
USSP5a 1

USSP5a 3

USS comparison

USSP5a 4

LandofCheese

LandofCheese

Apr 11, 2022
Wisconsin
Well would you look at that! very nice, thanks for the comparison picture!

I assume the stock rubber flap isn't used for anything with this replacement?

monaco

monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
Well would you look at that! very nice, thanks for the comparison picture!

I assume the stock rubber flap isn't used for anything with this replacement?
Yeah I don't have mine anymore... not needed

T

The_Frontiersmn

Dec 10, 2022
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
I bought one this summer. I'm happy with it so far but I'm mildly concerned whether the latches will hold up once winter hits and it's -30 degrees.

Reactions: monaco
monaco

monaco

Vendor
Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2016
Indiana
bit.ly
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah let me know how it performs long term. And if you need replacements or anything. There’s like 4 ways I can modify these including material, shape and size, etc.

T

The_Frontiersmn

Dec 10, 2022
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah let me know how it performs long term. And if you need replacements or anything. There’s like 4 ways I can modify these including material, shape and size, etc.
You did send a couple spare lid latches, but IF they don't hold up to sub zero temperatures I'm hoping I'll be able to come up with metal replacements. I'll definitely try to remember to let you know if they don't just so you know.

Reactions: monaco

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!