Cub Cadet Challenger

C

Chooglin

Has anyone seen these yet ? Cub Cadet: Riding Lawn Mowers, Lawn Tractors & Snowblowers

I looked at one last night and was pretty impressed with what you get for the money.

These are rebranded Hisun sxs's. After a closer look , I wasn't so impressed. I am far from a great welder but I gotta tell you, the welds on this machine looked bad. Overall the machine appeared to be pretty solid but I think I will pass on these ones!

Reactions: Deluxe700
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Has anyone seen these yet ? Cub Cadet: Riding Lawn Mowers, Lawn Tractors & Snowblowers

I looked at one last night and was pretty impressed with what you get for the money.

These are rebranded Hisun sxs's. After a closer look , I wasn't so impressed. I am far from a great welder but I gotta tell you, the welds on this machine looked bad. Overall the machine appeared to be pretty solid but I think I will pass on these ones!
I saw the new Cub Cadet SXS two weeks ago, didn't take the close look of the welding that you did, but its overall appearance was very impressive to me.

Reactions: Chooglin
tr005

tr005

Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2017
Big Rapids, Mi.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A buddy of one of the guys I work with bought one this summer because he was impressed with the looks and price. Heard he's not so impressed since he got it out on the trails due to lack of power.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
A buddy of one of the guys I work with bought one this summer because he was impressed with the looks and price. Heard he's not so impressed since he got it out on the trails due to lack of power.
They only make like a 550 and a 750. I'm not impressed at all with my Honda 700. But that could all be fixed with a simple H/L.

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
They will sale.Im glad I didn't bend over and look at the welds on my 700 "Geesh"
I was less than impressed with cubs first couple models,rear suspension was solid axle
But they are a diamond in my Paps eyes.
12000 OTD with doors and winch,roof, windshield

Reactions: Montecresto
Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah, I looked at one, but it's still a Hisun shipped over here to the USA and then badged as a cub cadet. My Positive is..Cub Cadet is known for their quality machines, and i don't think they would put their name on pure JUNK, so it has to be a decent machine. They have a nice price point. Time will tell if quality and parts being easy to get will be up to par.
Bennche machines are trying to be sold in a few places as well, and the dealers will tell you they are made in Texas, but that is not true. They are put together in Texas, and that is all. I have heard nightmares on those machines.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
3 of my friends HAD Cub Cadet riding mowers, in less than a year they were all traded in on something more reliable. You could not give me anything with Cub Cadet on it.

Reactions: sharp
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
3 of my friends HAD Cub Cadet riding mowers, in less than a year they were all traded in on something more reliable. You could not give me anything with Cub Cadet on it.
That's why they make chocolate and vanilla, I've got three Cub Cadet riding mowers, 14 years old, 8 years old and my most recent this year. Until they give me a reason otherwise, I have no need of anything but. Then too, I've got a great 8 year old Polaris Ranger. ;)

Mopower58

Mopower58

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's why they make chocolate and vanilla, I've got three Cub Cadet riding mowers, 14 years old, 8 years old and my most recent this year. Until they give me a reason otherwise, I have no need of anything but. Then too, I've got a great 8 year old Polaris Ranger. ;)
You are just lucky These Cub Cadets would have been 5 to 6 years old. We have two John Deere's, a zero turn that is 9 years old,a Z425 and a conventional JD rider with bagger, an L 130 that is 14 years old. Other than belts, blades and service they have been great! 741 hours on the L130 and 524 hours on the Z 425.
I think the Cub Cadet is the same mower as an MTD

Last edited:
Reactions: swsebek
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You are just lucky These Cub Cadets would have been 5 to 6 years old. We have two John Deere's, a zero turn that is 9 years old,a Z425 and a conventional JD rider with bagger, an L 130 that is 14 years old. Other than belts, blades and service they have been great! 741 hours on the L130 and 524 hours on the Z 425.
The cubs bought at home depot or similar are made by mtd...if bought through a dealer they are cub.Most of the john deere riders are rebranded murrays. And truth be told most of them are pribably all made in the same factories painted and stickered and set to their respective stores

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Maybe you're the one that's been lucky. :D

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
My Cub Cadets are all bought at dealers and all have Kholer motors which I'll gladly take over Briggs and Stratton.

Mopower58

Mopower58

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The Zero turn has a Briggs and the bagger has a Kohler. No problems out of either. Never seen a Murray zero turn

B

Bredwordz

Jul 31, 2018
NY
Ownership

1. 500
I've had my P5 for about a month now and ride quite a bit with a buddy that has a Challenger 700 and another buddy that has a Massimo 500. last week I rode on stock tires and both of them blew me away. I got stuck several times and they didn't (with stock 26" tires on their machines). I put 28" mega mayhems on and it was game on!!! I went everywhere they did and nearly all of it in 2wd. On stockys, I was in 4wd most of the time (exact same trails). Long story short, they were quite impressed with the P5 after the tire swap. Not to mention it looks BA.

I actually like the Cub and the Massimo, but the 3 of us wonder how well built they are and how long they will last. The Cub has already been back to the dealer under warranty twice for the same issue. I believe it was the one way bearing/clutch was clunking while coasting downhill. It seems to be fixed now, but for how long?

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
The other thing to consider when selecting which brand to buy is resale. I wouldn’t touch a used cub with a ten ft pole, and I wouldn’t touch that massimo with a 100 ft pole! People will be blowing up your phone to buy that Honda!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!