Talon Custom Talon fender liners designed, fab'd and installed

J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
I was concerned that the large openings in the rear fenderwells were going to allow mud and debris to cause problems. If you look in these areas you can see stuff like door hinges, drivers seat tracks, electrical stuff, etc.. I decided to design and build a couple liners to close up these areas.
Chose hdpe for material. Went thru several versions of patterns and threw away some prototypes, but eventually finished some very fine designs. Part of the job was to build a heater strip to warm up the hdpe for bending. Then I figured out a tooling set choice that gave good bend results with no material stress.
The liners were designed to use all existing features on the Talon, with no modifications required to the machine. No holes were drilled in the Talon , nothing needed to be changed. There were a couple of convenient features to bolt to. Plus I used one very large zip tie per liner.
I'm very happy with how well these turned out, how they look like oem equipment, and the way they will function to keep the crud out of those areas.
20190419 093321 20190419 100912

P

Puller810

Apr 14, 2019
MICHIGAN
Ownership

1. Talon X
I was concerned that the large openings in the rear fenderwells were going to allow mud and debris to cause problems. If you look in these areas you can see stuff like door hinges, drivers seat tracks, electrical stuff, etc.. I decided to design and build a couple liners to close up these areas.
Chose hdpe for material. Went thru several versions of patterns and threw away some prototypes, but eventually finished some very fine designs. Part of the job was to build a heater strip to warm up the hdpe for bending. Then I figured out a tooling set choice that gave good bend results with no material stress.
The liners were designed to use all existing features on the Talon, with no modifications required to the machine. No holes were drilled in the Talon , nothing needed to be changed. There were a couple of convenient features to bolt to. Plus I used one very large zip tie per liner.
I'm very happy with how well these turned out, how they look like oem equipment, and the way they will function to keep the crud out of those areas.
View attachment 124221 View attachment 124222

Will you build a set for me? Put 6 miles on mine in my field and those areas are packed with mud.

Last edited:
70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
I built inner fenders for all 4 corners on my P500, out of 3/16 reinforced rubber. Works great at keeping the mud where it belongs!

J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
Will you build a set for me? Put 6 miles on mine in my field and those areas are packed with mud.
Yes, I can build these to order as a favor to Honda Talon owners. I am not a business, my process is not automated for these so each set would be handcrafted to order, in my hobby shop. Email me direct at
[email protected]
if you are interested. Thank you.

J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
Tramgauge, the email you sent me for fender liners, I cannot respond, your mailbox appears full.
Thanks.

Reactions: Tramguage1
R

RCI

Apr 19, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
My talon isn’t in yet but I would like a set also ?

Reactions: CPope
J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
I just learned that the mounting points I chose for my fender liners were designed to mount the Honda accessory nerf bars. So if you have plans to race and need nerfs, you may not be able to use these fender liners. Thanks.

Reactions: Tramguage1
R

RCI

Apr 19, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I just learned that the mounting points I chose for my fender liners were designed to mount the Honda accessory nerf bars. So if you have plans to race and need nerfs, you may not be able to use these fender liners. Thanks.

R

RCI

Apr 19, 2019
Pa
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Thanks for the info I’m out I have nerf bars on order .

J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
To everyone who responded, THANK YOU. All emails have been answered, all (three) kits have been shipped. According to PayPal, the PayPal tool has forwarded tracking numbers to each of you . If not, please speak up for a tracking number, or watch for USPS delivery in the next few days. The kits were shipped wednesday.
To anyone else still considering these fender liners: please email me at
[email protected]
I should be able to supply a few more of these with available material. Thanks.

D

DRKnight

Jan 31, 2019
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X
E-Mail sent, They should work great...

D

DRKnight

Jan 31, 2019
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thanks JimmyTalon for the fender liners..
I just finished installing my new fender liners. Excellent fit, good instruction and should work great.
My compliments to you for a needed product well done....DRK

L

Lovetorque

Apr 3, 2019
Columbia falls mt
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Thanks JimmyTalon for the fender liners..
I just finished installing my new fender liners. Excellent fit, good instruction and should work great.
My compliments to you for a needed product well done....DRK
Likewise I thought they were a very good product at a very reasonable price instructions were well thought out product was well-designed will keep a lot of mud out of the lower seat area on both passenger and driver side

J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm very happy to hear you guys like your fender liners! Thanks for the feedback. It was actually kinda fun fabricating them for you.

C

Christepher

Oct 10, 2018
PE Canada
Ownership

1. Talon X
Just curious.. would you consider shipping to Canada? :) Let me know and a price..

J

JimmyTalon

Apr 13, 2019
SE Minnesota
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm not familiar with shipping to canada. If it can be done, and you are willing to pay for it, I'd be willing to try to send it.
Email me and we'll work on it. Thanks

[email protected]

S

sluggo

Mar 26, 2019
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon R
Thanks for the fender liners excellent fit and fabrication

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!