P1000 Cutting off HELP...

evildoctor

evildoctor

May 2, 2016
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Done some research and found that there's a few of you guys out there that have had this same issue. Perhaps with slight variants but all basically points back to the same thing.

Here's a little info. on what happened recently after picking it back up from my dealer for the clutch recall.....

While driving around the next day, it cuts off as if I turned the key to off and the only way I could restart it was to turn the key completely to the "off" position and then start it again. This happened twice the next day I got it back from the dealer. Well, I took it back out the following day and it happened again but only this time it happened a lot more often. I would say for the 3+ hrs. I had it out, it turned off by itself about a dozen of times. I immediately contact the dealer yet once again, I'm starting to feel like I got a lemon here...so frustrated with all the issues I have had since I purchased it brand new! So currently, it's back at the dealer again. Meanwhile, I've been doing some research on my issues and found that what may be causing this is the fuel injector plug connectors. Apparently, the wire on these (especially earlier models like mine 2016) connectors have a history of breaking and/or separating causing a faulty connection at the injector. So I'm curious if anyone of you guys have had this issue and also if not, would a weak or bad battery cause this same symptom. Thanks for any help.....

Reactions: Isaiah
jtucker

jtucker

Lifetime Member
Jan 12, 2017
North GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I had the same problem and I ordered the plugs off the this forum and it fixed it

Reactions: Isaiah
H

HondaTech

Does it flash any codes when it shuts off?
Running funny?

jtucker

jtucker

Lifetime Member
Jan 12, 2017
North GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I got the plugs yesterday from the forum and put them on and it fixed all the problems
I must have not got the pins back in the original plug good after I soldered the wire back on
Thanks for your help

Reactions: TripleB
jtucker

jtucker

Lifetime Member
Jan 12, 2017
North GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
The code on mine was 13

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!