P700 Damned mice

• Thread starter livefromthetree
  • Start date
livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
No idea how long the nest has been there, but assume it came from 8 weeks during deer season when it was sitting under the shed at the farm. BUT I just noticed this yesterday. So it's either shifted or it's brand new.

Didnt chew any wires that I can find so far and I dont think the mice are still in here, but I cant for the life of me get in to clear the nest. I pulled (and of course broke cause I am an idiot with no patience 🤣 ) a dozen plastic pins and screws and still cant get in there. I am gonna have to get someone else to pull it apart and have to buy some pins.

Surprised it hasnt burned to the ground.

20210505 111925

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
No idea how long the nest has been there, but assume it came from 8 weeks during deer season when it was sitting under the shed at the farm. BUT I just noticed this yesterday. So it's either shifted or it's brand new.

Didnt chew any wires that I can find so far and I dont think the mice are still in here, but I cant for the life of me get in to clear the nest. I pulled (and of course broke cause I am an idiot with no patience 🤣 ) a dozen plastic pins and screws and still cant get in there. I am gonna have to get someone else to pull it apart and have to buy some pins.

Surprised it hasnt burned to the ground.

View attachment 270126
I hate those GD bastards! Id like to have a Holocaust with all of them! Disease ridden monsters

TexasJackKin

TexasJackKin

Nov 22, 2020
Dayton, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had a batch of them under the hood of the wife's Honda Pilot, parked in the garage. The only damage I could find, besides the mess, they chewed though the windshield washer lines..... I keep traps set in the garage now, and get one every now and then, and toss the dead ones out for the coyotes.....

03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Evil little creatures! We live on the edge of farm fields so in the fall mice get bad! Set out poison traps this year and also had a stray kitten move into the shed this winter. Mice problem appears to be gone now. Good luck on your battle!

someguy1313

someguy1313

Mar 5, 2021
SouthEast
Ownership

1. 1000-5
moved into and died in my 2018 toyota.
found most, but not all.
car is ruined as the dead bastards remain somewhere in the heat/ac system.
two dealers and a lot of fiber optic searches, no joy.
sold the car.

i hate them

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Evil little creatures! We live on the edge of farm fields so in the fall mice get bad! Set out poison traps this year and also had a stray kitten move into the shed this winter. Mice problem appears to be gone now. Good luck on your battle!

I live smack in the middle of corn and beans and I am lucky as hell that I havent had a rat in the house in about 10 years and only time I see them in garage or around the house is the cat leaves it. Very very lucky I aint over run by them.

Front yard

IMG 20201002 35437

back yard

Last edited:
sam3006

sam3006

Dec 28, 2014
Damascus, AR
Ownership

1. 500
Irish Spring soap seems to repeal most mice and even a lot of bugs, fairly well. I cut the bars up into thumb sized pieces a toss under, in and around vehicles. After replacing the wiring harness on a pickup I started being a little more proactive in deterring them. I replace the soap when I pick up a piece and can't smell it anymore, usually about 4-6 months if out of the weather. It's worked well enough that I throw a few hunks of it in my deer stands.

03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Irish Spring soap seems to repeal most mice and even a lot of bugs, fairly well. I cut the bars up into thumb sized pieces a toss under, in and around vehicles. After replacing the wiring harness on a pickup I started being a little more proactive in deterring them. I replace the soap when I pick up a piece and can't smell it anymore, usually about 4-6 months if out of the weather. It's worked well enough that I throw a few hunks of it in my deer stands.
I always thought the same thing and that’s what I used in our camper. A couple years ago we still had tons of mice in there and chew marks on all the bars of soap. Maybe a week batch of soap or just so really hungry mice that year lol.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!