BOX1

Danger! Squib Load!

waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
BAD...BAD...BAD!!! RARE! RARE! RARE! ::::::::SQUIB LOAD!::::: Why you pay attention to recoil and SOUND ! Potential for Serious injury or Death to you and anyone near!!! If you try to fire another shot Barrel Rupture or worse is LIKELY! If you hear funky, light sound or just noticeably different Sound ,,,STOP FIRING,,,, Point firearm in safe direction wait to insure no misfire or possible late fire. Clear firearm if possible. If you are unsure, keep pointed in safe direction and notify knowledgeable person. This happened to me today, .38 special S&W .38/44 Heavy Duty 20220322 201634 resized20220322 201707 resized

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
BAD...BAD...BAD!!! RARE! RARE! RARE! ::::::::SQUIB LOAD!::::: Why you pay attention to recoil and SOUND ! Potential for Serious injury or Death to you and anyone near!!! If you try to fire another shot Barrel Rupture or worse is LIKELY! If you hear funky, light sound or just noticeably different Sound ,,,STOP FIRING,,,, Point firearm in safe direction wait to insure no misfire or possible late fire. Clear firearm if possible. If you are unsure, keep pointed in safe direction and notify knowledgeable person. This happened to me today, .38 special S&W .38/44 Heavy DutyView attachment 325902View attachment 325903
That happened to me years ago with a 22 LR, didn't catch it and fired another round and ruptured the barrel.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That happened to me years ago with a 22 LR, didn't catch it and fired another round and ruptured the barrel.
That was 40 years ago, took it to some Gun Smith shops and they wouldn't touch it? I sent it off to Remington for a new barrel 20 years ago. Seems strange you can buy AR /AM and shot gun barrels on line all day long now days, what gives?

waynester

waynester

Feb 19, 2022
Ga, USA
Ownership

1. 520
That was 40 years ago, took it to some Gun Smith shops and they wouldn't touch it? I sent it off to Remington for a new barrel 20 years ago. Seems strange you can buy AR /AM and shot gun barrels on line all day long now days, what gives?
Times Huh? I bought a Ruger Single -six convertible PISTOL at Wal-Mart

Reactions: FJC 79 and ChadD
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
By the way did you ever get your .22 back? ⁉️
Ow yea and put a scope on it. Still shoots great! It was a sad deal, my wife and I had ben married for two years and she bought it for me for Christmas, we were poor as Church mice, I used it for five years until the accident, it killed me, I cleaned, oiled the tool, put it up and never told her about what happened. About five years latter she asked me about it, I told her. We had just bought a home and had two young boys to raise on $ 8.00 an hour job, that was big money back then, just not enough to be spending money on stuff like gun repairs. Well things changed and I was able to get it repaired, that tool is my prized tool!

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This happened to me once. Shooting an astra terminator 44 using aluminum cased rounds. Luckily I caught it before the next round. I don’t shoot aluminum cases anymore.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!