Dealer Installs/Labor costs

Zonie

Zonie

Lifetime Member
Oct 20, 2013
Payson & Tempe, AZ
So I've ordered lots of goodies from the dealer (hoping they will arrive when the 700-4 does, and I'm thinking it can't be too hard to install things like the arm guards, bumpers, windscreen, side mirrors, fabric rear panel and hard roof, and just let them gouge me on the labor to install the winch/bracket (when they finally show up), electrical-horn,sub-harness, switch plate/Voltmeter/wiring harness. Anyone tried to install what appears to be the easy stuff? I'm pretty good at figuring things out mechanically, but not electronically. They charge 1/2 hour minimums for all the little things and are telling me the total labor is 9 hours. Choke-choke.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
9 x $60 = $540..
Woohh. that's a lot. But you have a lot of things to install. If time is not of abundance then it may be worth it for you.
As for me. I'd install everything myself. $540 will buy lots of beer.
And it would be done my way. The RIGHT way and not just slapped on.
Good luck.
Need pic's when you get it all installed.

Zonie

Zonie

Lifetime Member
Oct 20, 2013
Payson & Tempe, AZ
Will upload some pics once things are on. I wish they only charge $60/hour. I'm going to install all myself except the electrical. I figure if I screw it up I'll take it back or get some cheaper help.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Zonie. The rear bumper isn't that bad. I installed it on my P4. Remove the rear roll bar lower half, remove the rear doors, remove the t/lights and the bed sides. it really isn't all that hard just removing some screws. Once they are off you can get to the 1 screw that holds the t/gate brkt in place-remove it and install the new brkt. install the rear bumper- bed sides -t/lights- rear doors and than last part the roll bar. All this will take about 1 hour or less. The rear bumper really does look nice. The w/s is clamp on and 2 bolts, as for the hard roof 6 clamps. no time at all on those two. My wife and I put those on in less than 35 minutes and that was opening the boxes and getting the 10mm wrench.

Zonie

Zonie

Lifetime Member
Oct 20, 2013
Payson & Tempe, AZ
Greatly appreciated TandT. I'm hoping the front bumper is as easy to install, as well as the arm guards. Getting anxious to just get the unit later today, then having to wait for all the parts to come in. Patience is a virtue I'm often lacking in.

TandT

TandT

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2013
Newark, Ohio
Ownership

1. 700-4
Zonie, You will be having FUN tonight riding the Pioneer around. I know what you are saying about Patience, that something if you ask my wife she will tell you I lack in also. Well from what I've seen about the Frt Bumper is unbolt the old one and re-bolt on the new one. I'm starting to get some of my accessories. I received the switch plate yesterday and the w/s wiper. Not sure I'm going to install the switch plate yet or do what everyone else seems to be doing and putting the switches in the center of the dash. I'm still waiting on the winch brkt and lights. Once I get everything I'll take a week-end and install all at once. Just can't wait!!!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!