P1000 Dealer vs aftermarket

B

Bprocell

Mar 31, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My first post as a newbie! I am buying a Pioneer 1000-5 and it is shipping this week. Looking to add a winch, windshield, top and tunes. What would You recommended me buying from the delaership and letting them install vs aftermarket? If aftermarket, drop me some recommendations on the accessories! Thanks! Brandon

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Congrats on the new ride. Usually Honda oem accessories are 15% off at the time of purchase, would definitely recommend the roof. As for the winch, there are other brands that are cheaper and work great. Pretty sure the P1 guys lean towards the SuperATV flip up windshield. Tunes is a subject all on it's own, if you just want to hear it there are lots of options. WetSounds makes one that sounds good with the sub added.
We're going to need pics of that ride or it never happened.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Congrats on the new ride. Usually Honda oem accessories are 15% off at the time of purchase, would definitely recommend the roof. As for the winch, there are other brands that are cheaper and work great. Pretty sure the P1 guys lean towards the SuperATV flip up windshield. Tunes is a subject all on it's own, if you just want to hear it there are lots of options. WetSounds makes one that sounds good with the sub added.
We're going to need pics of that ride or it never happened.
X2 on what he said.

Worse1

Worse1

Jul 14, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It depends if you're making it street legal or not. If you're not, then here's my list:

1. Roof from the dealer to get that discount
2. Dual battery setup to power all your accessories
3. Light bar for night trailing ( LED whips are cool if you have kids)
4. Super ATV flip up windshield
5. Sounds - lessen the engine noise and makes for a fun and enjoyable ride.
6. Winch - many to choose from.
7. The rest is up to you if you have the $$$.

Good luck and congrats!!

Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My first post as a newbie! I am buying a Pioneer 1000-5 and it is shipping this week. Looking to add a winch, windshield, top and tunes. What would You recommended me buying from the delaership and letting them install vs aftermarket? If aftermarket, drop me some recommendations on the accessories! Thanks! Brandon
Welcome from NE Michigan.

if you are putting in a heater and windshiled with wiper have them put it in, if you are handy then all other accessories are easy enough to do yourself.

Wormz72

Wormz72

Jan 4, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I purchased the roof from the dealer as they were the only ones that had the Honda OEM roof in stock at the time. They also had the Super ATV flip-up windshield at my dealer location. I brought them both home and had them on in less than 3 hours. (Dealer would have done it, but shop was super busy and I would have had to bring the machine back or wait longer - and I waited long enough to get the color I wanted in the first place) As far as tunes, a quick easy set-up is the ECOXGEAR Bluetooth speaker. Self-contained and all you need is some power. Other good thing on the ECOXGEAR speaker is the LED lights on the back of the soundbar. You can turn it to red for added visibility while night riding and white, so you would have a back-up light too! I don't have one yet, but my riding buddy does and he loves it. Also, if me and him both have the ECOGEAR speaker, we can link them together at stops if we wanted too.

Capture Capture2

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Depends how handy you are....

One thing I will mention is the winch can be a bit of a pain on this particular machine. Several mounts to choose from and not all mounts work with all available winches. I got frustrated doing the research and bought a JEI bumper so that I could mount the winch on it. I'm happy with that setup. never cared for the winch being tucked inside the front end where it's hard to access when you need to.

All that being said, if you want to get a winch on there as cheap as possible, you will literally save hundreds buying the harbor freight winch and mount it yourself. Hindsight, I would have bought my bumper and the harbor freight winch for about $500 cheaper than the Warn Axon 55S that I bought.

Reactions: Lady01 and Bprocell