P700 Denali plow first time out!

03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Well winter showed up early yesterday. We got 6-7” of heavy wet snow. I got caught off guard and my new 72” Denali plow was still sitting in boxes in the front of the garage since ordering it from the store a couple months ago. Thought I had more time to assemble and install but I turns out that was wrong! Got up nice and early this morning and assembled and mounted everything. Took just under 2 hours but my left hand is in a cast right now. Could have easily been done in one with 2 good hands.

Now to the actually plowing! The 700-4 with this plow is awesome! I was able to push around that heavy wet snow like it was nothing. The ground isn’t frozen yet so I was plowing this over a muddy gravel driveway and it did great. Still need to fine tune the angle, springs, and shoes as part of my driveway up by the House is cement and then 200 yards of gravel. Sure is going to be a hell of a lot more fun than using the lawn mower with a 47” blower. Let it snow!!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Well winter showed up early yesterday. We got 6-7” of heavy wet snow. I got caught off guard and my new 72” Denali plow was still sitting in boxes in the front of the garage since ordering it from the store a couple months ago. Thought I had more time to assemble and install but I turns out that was wrong! Got up nice and early this morning and assembled and mounted everything. Took just under 2 hours but my left hand is in a cast right now. Could have easily been done in one with 2 good hands.

Now to the actually plowing! The 700-4 with this plow is awesome! I was able to push around that heavy wet snow like it was nothing. The ground isn’t frozen yet so I was plowing this over a muddy gravel driveway and it did great. Still need to fine tune the angle, springs, and shoes as part of my driveway up by the House is cement and then 200 yards of gravel. Sure is going to be a hell of a lot more fun than using the lawn mower with a 47” blower. Let it snow!!
Sounds like fun! It's been at least 10 years since we got a 24 inch snow, not much snow around here in NW Arkansas nowadays.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Sweet....
Glad you like it. Post some pics when you can.
Thanks.

R

rickoshea

i got a new 72" klick n go.every time it snows and i get ready to try it the snow melts.we get really fine powder here and it melts as soon as it gets above freezing.

03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Sweet....
Glad you like it. Post some pics when you can.
Thanks.

Another 3-5" forecasted today so I'll get some pics when I go out and play! Yeah I said play! This has turned a chore into fun.

Reactions: rickoshea
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They are a very good setup and glad you like it. Plowing with my 700 was so much more enjoyable then using my old atv. My drive way is all gravel and until the ground freezes, I used to push alot of gravel around. One think I did was to install a round piece of pipe on my cutting edge to give it a little radius to ride along. It will leave just a little bit of snow on the ground, which allows it to ice up when it freezes. I was in a hurry and just tack welded it to the edge. I liked it so much that I've never taken it off. Enjoy.

03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
They are a very good setup and glad you like it. Plowing with my 700 was so much more enjoyable then using my old atv. My drive way is all gravel and until the ground freezes, I used to push alot of gravel around. One think I did was to install a round piece of pipe on my cutting edge to give it a little radius to ride along. It will leave just a little bit of snow on the ground, which allows it to ice up when it freezes. I was in a hurry and just tack welded it to the edge. I liked it so much that I've never taken it off. Enjoy.

Id like to see a pic of that if you have time. Its going to be tricky getting the blade/shoe hight correct plowing both gravel and cement.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I will try and get you a pic later this week. I was going to use a piece of piece of 1" galvanized pipe but had a piece of 2 3/8" oil drill pipe I used instead. In 4 years I haven't wore through it yet but then again I don't have pavement. With the pipe I don't even have shoes on my setup and I don't think the angle will matter much unless it gets to tripping. One other thing I would recommend is to us a piece of tow strap to lift the plow. I have a section of Harbor freight tow strap that lifts mine up. I have synthetic rope on my winch and was able to take the hook and thimble off the end. I just stick the end of the strap through the eyelet and let it wrap over the rope. This way it is flat and keeps the line from rats nesting if you let too much out. You have to have a little extra room on your drum, but the same is true, in 4 years I haven't broke a line yet.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!