• Welcome to HONDASXS.com

If you are a guest please take time to REGISTER with us. Stay up to date on the Honda Side by Side line and take part in our online forum. Check out the FAQ. Once you register you can start to make post. Users will respond to your question or statement. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit below or click the board index to see a list of all forums. Thanks and have fun.

Destination Charge?

Discussion in 'Buying a Pioneer 700' started by BigRiver, Jul 22, 2013.

1. BigRiver

BigRiver Active Member
    Lifetime Member

Looking over Honda's web site this morning, I see that Honda has added a "+ destination charge" of $600.00 below the MSRP price.

Can't say that I've noticed this before. In reality, all that matters is the bottom price that any dealership will charge you for this machine. Guess it's just another means to advertise a lower than the other guy price, but charge you more in the end.

That sucks. Next time I speak to my salesperson, I'm going to inquire about this.

2. slowdryrider

slowdryrider Member
    Lifetime Member

That's how they seem to do things nowadays. Make's it look good untill you see the fine print.Then you start wondering how much other things will be added to the price.I know up here at the Dealers they advertize a price and then there's a set up fee plus all the taxes etc.You don't know what your actually having to pay untill you hand them your cheque.

3. Hondasxs

Hondasxs Club Founder
    Staff Member Moderator Club Contributor

Ownership:
    1000-5
    Yep, Its been there. Like Slow said, This is there new program. Its always been a factor added in some way or another. Now they just removed it so there end price will look even better, then tack it on at the end. I would say your dealer should sale below MSRP but if the Pioneer is as hot as Honda is claiming the dealer may choose to stick at MSRP because someone will pay. Its going to be a hard bargain unless you are lucky enough to have cash in hand so the ball is on your side.

4. james

james New Member
    Lifetime Member

this charge sucks. it bumps the price up. my local dealer wants listed MSRP + dest and tax. Im looking at 13,500 for this thing.

5. nutmeg

nutmeg New Member

this sucks. ill go pick it up for $600

6. cannon

cannon New Member

Some dealers will not be passing that dest fee along. its good to call around.

7. BigRiver

BigRiver Active Member
    Lifetime Member

Honda of Brookhaven, MS has told me that they Never charge a destination fee.
    Current price for the 700-2 is $800 under MSRP
    All this is info over the phone, hopefully nothing will change when the time comes to pick mine up.

8. cowboy

cowboy New Member

Yep.. Shop around... dealers will try to stick you!!

9. duwops

duwops Member
    Lifetime Member

Yes, my dealer passed this fine fee on plus 250 set up plus 199 doc fees what a load of sndjrkskekekw, but hey I'm happy every time I go for a ride. Keep slinging mud!

10. idahohntr

idahohntr New Member
    Lifetime Member

Did not pay the destination charge, also they took $300 off the price- $9699.00 plus tax

As stated above, shop around! These are a very hot commodity right now, but there still are dealers out there that look at building customer relationships rather than take advantage of consumers.

Figure I have spent more than $1800 in the last two months on accessories through my dealership, so they are slowly getting it back!

11. farmer700

farmer700 New Member

I thought Honda made them charge this? From what I read sounds like a dealers decision. Maybe they should rename it to "More Profit Charge".