Destination Charge?

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Looking over Honda's web site this morning, I see that Honda has added a "+ destination charge" of $600.00 below the MSRP price.

Can't say that I've noticed this before. In reality, all that matters is the bottom price that any dealership will charge you for this machine. Guess it's just another means to advertise a lower than the other guy price, but charge you more in the end.

That sucks. Next time I speak to my salesperson, I'm going to inquire about this.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
That's how they seem to do things nowadays. Make's it look good untill you see the fine print.Then you start wondering how much other things will be added to the price.I know up here at the Dealers they advertize a price and then there's a set up fee plus all the taxes etc.You don't know what your actually having to pay untill you hand them your cheque.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yep, Its been there. Like Slow said, This is there new program. Its always been a factor added in some way or another. Now they just removed it so there end price will look even better, then tack it on at the end. I would say your dealer should sale below MSRP but if the Pioneer is as hot as Honda is claiming the dealer may choose to stick at MSRP because someone will pay. Its going to be a hard bargain unless you are lucky enough to have cash in hand so the ball is on your side.

J

james

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2013
this charge sucks. it bumps the price up. my local dealer wants listed MSRP + dest and tax. Im looking at 13,500 for this thing.

N

nutmeg

Jun 15, 2013
this sucks. ill go pick it up for $600

C

cannon

Jul 31, 2013
Some dealers will not be passing that dest fee along. its good to call around.

BigRiver

BigRiver

Lifetime Member
Feb 26, 2013
Honda of Brookhaven, MS has told me that they Never charge a destination fee.
Current price for the 700-2 is $800 under MSRP
All this is info over the phone, hopefully nothing will change when the time comes to pick mine up.

C

cowboy

Aug 4, 2013
Yep.. Shop around... dealers will try to stick you!!

duwops

duwops

Lifetime Member
Nov 10, 2013
Yes, my dealer passed this fine fee on plus 250 set up plus 199 doc fees what a load of sndjrkskekekw, but hey I'm happy every time I go for a ride. Keep slinging mud!

I

idahohntr

Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2013
Did not pay the destination charge, also they took $300 off the price- $9699.00 plus tax

As stated above, shop around! These are a very hot commodity right now, but there still are dealers out there that look at building customer relationships rather than take advantage of consumers.

Figure I have spent more than $1800 in the last two months on accessories through my dealership, so they are slowly getting it back!

F

farmer700

Dec 7, 2013
I thought Honda made them charge this? From what I read sounds like a dealers decision. Maybe they should rename it to "More Profit Charge".

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!