P500 Dewalt Radio

NKnelsen

NKnelsen

Jul 20, 2019
Barrie Ontario canada
Ownership

1. 500
I just bought a 2019 Honda Pioneer 500 SXS. I was looking for a spot to install a radio. Took off the hood and my DeWalt radio fits perfectly in place of the hood. So perfect you might think Honda did this on purpose. I even went 4 wheeling with it to see how solid it was. Radio never moved and I had no bungie's or tiedowns on it.

15636584246712321079367293547101 15636584493332553877990511220222

SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
I just bought a 2019 Honda Pioneer 500 SXS. I was looking for a spot to install a radio. Took off the hood and my DeWalt radio fits perfectly in place of the hood. So perfect you might think Honda did this on purpose. I even went 4 wheeling with it to see how solid it was. Radio never moved and I had no bungie's or tiedowns on it.

View attachment 142770 View attachment 142771

Nice fit, but I would worry about the heat coming through the radiator messing with it.

Reactions: Mudwing
NKnelsen

NKnelsen

Jul 20, 2019
Barrie Ontario canada
Ownership

1. 500
Nice fit, but I would worry about the heat coming through the radiator messing with it.

It doesn't touch the radio. 2 inches of clearance. I checked it for temperature at the end of a 30 minute ride and it was fine. Its 34 Celsius here, which would be into the 90's I think in Farenheit.

Reactions: SILVER_ALERT
SILVER_ALERT

SILVER_ALERT

HONDA SXS Club Flounder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 6, 2016
Route 66 Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 500
It doesn't touch the radio. 2 inches of clearance. I checked it for temperature at the end of a 30 minute ride and it was fine. Its 34 Celsius here, which would be into the 90's I think in Farenheit.

Thanks for the conversion, I did not do too well in high school science. :) I am suprised it get thats warm up there. Welcome to the forum. You have chosen well on the P500.

Reactions: Mudwing
NKnelsen

NKnelsen

Jul 20, 2019
Barrie Ontario canada
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the conversion, I did not do too well in high school science. :) I am suprised it get thats warm up there. Welcome to the forum. You have chosen well on the P500.

It regularly gets close to 100 degrees here from June to September, and it gets very Humid. But It can be cold in the winter. But we don't get a lot of snow here, snowmobiling is a hit and miss adventure here 60 miles north of Toronto, only half of the winters have enough snow to snowmobile. I sold my snowmobile years ago. Buffalo gets a lot more snow then we get.

420Rancher

Jun 29, 2019
Innisfil
Im just down the road in innisfil, most of my riding is up north, but innisfil is road friendly so the “grocery getter” see some local use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 142770 View attachment 142771

I just use my iPhone and earbuds, great combo...simple wiring, simply slide the cord down my shirt and connect to the phone, put phone in my pocket and ride.. hood still on the 500

NKnelsen

NKnelsen

Jul 20, 2019
Barrie Ontario canada
Ownership

1. 500
I just use my iPhone and earbuds, great combo...simple wiring, simply slide the cord down my shirt and connect to the phone, put phone in my pocket and ride.. hood still on the 500

That works great if you're by yourself and want music, and I do regularly do this Myself. But if you're with a group that stops regularly, earbuds don't work as well. Or if you have a passenger that you want to talk to. I don't see any downside to having the hood off the buggy, I do see possible damage to the radio from splashing mud or water. But it is supposed to be a tough and very water resistant Radio. I guess I'll find out.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Will work until you get the bug to add power steering. PS was one of my better mods.

advertisement
Badblubug

Badblubug

Oct 28, 2017
North woods
Ownership

1. 500
That works great if you're by yourself and want music, and I do regularly do this Myself. But if you're with a group that stops regularly, earbuds don't work as well. Or if you have a passenger that you want to talk to. I don't see any downside to having the hood off the buggy, I do see possible damage to the radio from splashing mud or water. But it is supposed to be a tough and very water resistant Radio. I guess I'll find out.

When I ride with somebody (wife) we don’t bother with music, wearing helmets and the noise of the machine I’d have to blast it just to hear it...

Reactions: Gassygordo

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!