BOX1

P700 did anybody figure out how to reduce noice in cab 700-4

H

Hrnjicn1

Mar 1, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi did somebody figure out noice in Honda 700-4 I installed roof and windshield and hate my Honda noice my ears hurt just driving 500 yard lol

Reactions: Lady01 and TripleB
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
First off,
Welcome from the State of the Great Lakes,
And Pics or it didnt happen! :cool:

also 😂on quieting your pioneer!
Just jerkin your chain!
so you bought an off-road viehicle AKA Side by Side that your practically sitting on an engine with thin plastic all around it and 3/4 of it open to the wide open air with the exhaust pipe less than 10’ from the back of your head and you want it quiet? Of corse when you put a roof and a windshield on it you closed in that motor your sitting on and the exhaust you use to vent alot of sound out the roof.
In the words of sleepy joe...C’mon man!
lol.
Any make of this type of machine is gona be loud. Ear plugs? Walkers game ears? Try a noise deadening solution that wont get wet or catch fire like a poo poo , to line the whole udercarage? If u dont have a skid plate and get one, you deff wont like the noise! Sorry, wish there was a solution you would like.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Buy some sheets of sound deadening and install on the panels around the engine. Make sure you use something with high fire resistance and keep it away from the exhaust.

I have always run a @trigger shield style mat under the seats as well.
The single biggest offender, at least to me, is that god-damned rear diff that belongs more on a yugo than a Honda. Thicker gear oil helps a bit here.
The 4 seater has a disadvantage with that big roof over the rear. Try gluing some foam sound deadening material all over it. I suspect that would do more than anything. Alternatively, I used to keep a bungee web thing stretched across the cage and would store coats and blankets up there for the in-laws children. They absorb lots of sound.

And finally...do you need a full windshield and hard roof? So many people automatically go out and buy a full shield regardless of where they live...even here in the Phoenix basin, where there is no need at all. These things are closer to an ATV than a SUV, and they are really meant to be run as open as possible. ( Says the guy in AZ, huh? )
The top is a given, but I have found a soft top to be quieter and is holding up quite well. And I understand that windshield if you live in cold weather, but that's what a windshield is...a cold weather item that comes off in summer. Or...you'd be surprised how much a 1/2 shield keeps wind off and reflects much less sound.

In the end, the 700 just isn't very quiet unless you just came from a Rhino. Ear plugs may just be the best bet.

C

caverat

Feb 3, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-2
What DG Rider said I spent 2 days putting sound dampening stuff every were with great results. But most of the noise comes up between the dump bed and the front seat.
I needed a full cab because of were I live and what the intended use of the machine is for. (Not trashing my truck every fall.)
You will be getting a lot of sound reverberating off that huge roof. So glue some eggshell foam to the top but honestly on a 4 seater your not going to notice much change doing anything else. unless you install a soft divider between the front and rear. I installed 1 1/2" foam between the soft rear window and the seats this cut the noise way way down. I noticed small changes installing a soft rubber floor mat and sound dampening material around the entire engine compartment and under the dash.
But this is a off road vehicle with a small high RPM motor it is always going to be loud.
Just preferred not to have my ears bleeding.
Good luck and just enjoy spending the time making your new toy yours. This was one of the many selling features of the Honda for me. Building your toy to fit your personality, needs & environment is most of the fun.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Is there a more specific noice? Like nails on a chalkboard or marbles in a can. If it’s normal engine noice then this is the nature of the beast. Helmet with ear plugs is good. 😎

Reactions: Lady01 and CID
H

Hrnjicn1

Mar 1, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
First off,
Welcome from the State of the Great Lakes,
And Pics or it didnt happen! :cool:

also 😂on quieting your pioneer!
Just jerkin your chain!
so you bought an off-road viehicle AKA Side by Side that your practically sitting on an engine with thin plastic all around it and 3/4 of it open to the wide open air with the exhaust pipe less than 10’ from the back of your head and you want it quiet? Of corse when you put a roof and a windshield on it you closed in that motor your sitting on and the exhaust you use to vent alot of sound out the roof.
In the words of sleepy joe...C’mon man!
lol.
Any make of this type of machine is gona be loud. Ear plugs? Walkers game ears? Try a noise deadening solution that wont get wet or catch fire like a poo poo , to line the whole udercarage? If u dont have a skid plate and get one, you deff wont like the noise! Sorry, wish there was a solution you would like.
Good one thanks lol

H

Hrnjicn1

Mar 1, 2021
Illinois
Ownership

1. 700-4
Buy some sheets of sound deadening and install on the panels around the engine. Make sure you use something with high fire resistance and keep it away from the exhaust.

I have always run a @trigger shield style mat under the seats as well.
The single biggest offender, at least to me, is that god-damned rear diff that belongs more on a yugo than a Honda. Thicker gear oil helps a bit here.
The 4 seater has a disadvantage with that big roof over the rear. Try gluing some foam sound deadening material all over it. I suspect that would do more than anything. Alternatively, I used to keep a bungee web thing stretched across the cage and would store coats and blankets up there for the in-laws children. They absorb lots of sound.

And finally...do you need a full windshield and hard roof? So many people automatically go out and buy a full shield regardless of where they live...even here in the Phoenix basin, where there is no need at all. These things are closer to an ATV than a SUV, and they are really meant to be run as open as possible. ( Says the guy in AZ, huh? )
The top is a given, but I have found a soft top to be quieter and is holding up quite well. And I understand that windshield if you live in cold weather, but that's what a windshield is...a cold weather item that comes off in summer. Or...you'd be surprised how much a 1/2 shield keeps wind off and reflects much less sound.

In the end, the 700 just isn't very quiet unless you just came from a Rhino. Ear plugs may just be the best bet.
Thank you very much I purchased roof and windshield really look cool but noice is horrible , i will try to insulate I got today order form
Amazon lol at least 20-30% better then nothing , I live in Chicago s***ty weather lol

FJC 79

FJC 79

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 3, 2020
ne. ohio
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thank you very much I purchased roof and windshield really look cool but noice is horrible , i will try to insulate I got today order form
Amazon lol at least 20-30% better then nothing , I live in Chicago s***ty weather lol
I just don't listen😎

Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
good luck. i came from an old rubicon so the pioneer seemed quite to me lol. i remove my roof and half windshield in the summer and its a big difference in sound! you might try a mesh top?

Last edited:
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I've found a great solution to the noise in my P1000-3. It's cheap to purchase, easy to install, and is very effective. They are available in many colors to match any Honda Pioneer or Talon.

It fits my 1000 but it should be adaptable to a P700 or P5 as well.

Lady01

Lady01

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2019
Midland Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hi did somebody figure out noice in Honda 700-4 I installed roof and windshield and hate my Honda noice my ears hurt just driving 500 yard lol
Hello from NE Michigan.

I use self adhesive foam backed aluminum insulation by frost king... You can find it at home depot in the duct isle. I put this on all my panels under the seat and on the engine covers. I used an additional PG107 spray adhesive (it's the best in the market) you can get it at tractor interiors, and while you are there get some bulk foam insulation (as used on farm tractors and heavy equipment machinery). I added this to my roof and hard rear panel. These dramatically reduced the cab noise, added insulation from the sun beating down in the roof and really helped with the cold Michigan winter. This, my friend, will be your answer to noise... Oh, I also added frost king to the bottom of the dump box to help reflect/absurd sound from the axle/engine. The key here is using pg107 spray adhesive to help keep it in place.

Hope you find success in noice reduction, I know we did!

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Hello from NE Michigan.

I use self adhesive foam backed aluminum insulation by frost king... You can find it at home depot in the duct isle. I put this on all my panels under the seat and on the engine covers. I used an additional PG107 spray adhesive (it's the best in the market) you can get it at tractor interiors, and while you are there get some bulk foam insulation (as used on farm tractors and heavy equipment machinery). I added this to my roof and hard rear panel. These dramatically reduced the cab noise, added insulation from the sun beating down in the roof and really helped with the cold Michigan winter. This, my friend, will be your answer to noise... Oh, I also added frost king to the bottom of the dump box to help reflect/absurd sound from the axle/engine. The key here is using pg107 spray adhesive to help keep it in place.

Hope you find success in noice reduction, I know we did!
I have some of that also by different product name. I plan to install it as soon as my weather is a littlke warmer.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Lady01, could you post photos of the cab interior?

What did you do about the air gaps above the windshield?

Reactions: Backwoods
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!