P1000 Did I screw something up?

ChiefsKingdom

ChiefsKingdom

May 20, 2020
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m not if I screwed something up or not. I had a wire I installed running right above the rod to the front transfer(not sure the actual name, probably not rod, ha). The wire got wrapped up and cut, then spooled around the rod. I have since re routed my wire, but I’m not sure if this socket looks normal. Did it get messed up?
D3DF2C6B 13B4 44CA A1CA CF0C1F4D5585

Reactions: JenElio
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m not if I screwed something up or not. I had a wire I installed running right above the rod to the front transfer(not sure the actual name, probably not rod, ha). The wire got wrapped up and cut, then spooled around the rod. I have since re routed my wire, but I’m not sure if this socket looks normal. Did it get messed up?View attachment 210519

Welcome to the forum!

That’s the front drive shaft that supplies rotational power to the front differential.

As long as you recovered all the wire and you don’t have seeping oil you should be fine. Keep an eye on your oil levels and the shaft seal. If it seeps oil the seal will need to be replaced.

I recently had a similar issue in that heater duct and wiring got wrapped up in it, despite being okay for 3 years.

I’m not so fortunate and will have to replace the sub trans seal as I’m loosing about 1/2 a qt of oil every 50 mi.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!