P500 Diff oil change tip

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Just a couple small, yet useful tips for anyone that hasnt done their diff oil yet or anyone doing it again. A piece of 3/8 id tube cut at about 20" or so is perfect fit over the tip of the oil bottle and you cam plug it with the cap piece. It works perfect for getting oil in without making a mess. Also a small funnel is nice to put under the drain plug to keep oil from getting on the top of the skid plate. I used what i had, which worked awesome, and was free but should be easy to come by if you live in civilization. I do autoglass so i have tons of extra tips for the glue we use as it is in a sausage pack rather than a cartridge. Cut to length and sits right in the hole of skid to catch and divert. Any local glass shop should likely have tons of these laying around and would happily give you some if you came looking, just need to be for sausage type not cartridge dispensed. Hope this helps ease the process for someone that may otherwise not want to do this easy job themselves.

20170720 200343 20170718 150833

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!