P1000 Different style of cage chop?

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have to chop my cage for clearance. I want to leave the front but drop the back and remove the rear ROP bars. As well as add a gusset to the B pillar and rear roof section. (no rear passengers). What's the correct/good method of leaving the front but dropping the rear? I have some ideas but wanted to know what others have done. I'm looking to do about 4.5". I've done the "search" but haven't seen anybody leave the front height.
My 814's will be in next week and I all ready have my tires so I need a solid plan very soon.

IMG 20200405 115806

Reactions: Isaiah
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just asking but why do you want to cut B posts but not The A posts? And how would that help with clearance?
Not only do I think it’s look weird but it’d catch air, hold more water if 3 seat Honda roof used, and loose what you gained with middle section cut. Plus head room would be no better.
Just wondering where you’re going with this I guess. To drop that much in middle but leave the front you’d have to probably section out 1/2” from the back edge of the A pillar, bend down and reweld then do opposite with B pillar to get the side rails to fit comfortably.

Last edited:
Reactions: Backwoods

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!