CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
So having a spare did you go with wheel spacers in back?
IMO - the spare is to get you back to the trailer, the buggy won't care what offset the wheel has. I happened to be out without either of my spares, hit a sharp rock and had to borrow a buddy's spare which was 3-1/2" taller than my tires. (32" to my 28-1/2"). Luckily, it was a front tire, I didn't use i4wd except for a couple of iffy situations and the computer never figured out that there was a rather large size difference between the two tires. You couldn't do that on the rear since it's effectively a solid axle and the 'scrub' would be an issue.

ETA: we would have taken the time to put the large tire on the front, regardless of which one I had damaged because we were 30 miles from camp.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty335 and Todml
T

Towbiz

Jun 10, 2023
Chilliwack BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok , i got it (finally ) installed the bed extender , light bar , shovel & axe brackets . Just the spare tire to go & put it to the test at the end of the month .

Pioneer 1 Pioneer 2 Pioneer 3 Pioneer 4

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!