BOX1

P700 DIY Bed Extender

Memorypill

Memorypill

Mar 13, 2021
Maine
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi Guys, Picked up a stock 700-4 and I've been floored by the price of add-ons. So I figured I'd give a go at making a few. First up was some lights (of course) and next was a bed extender for the essentials. I'm terrible at welding so its not winning any beauty contests but its functional and strong. Whatdya think?
IMG 5282
IMG 5285
IMG 5284

Next I am going to try to figure something out for a full roof and windshield!

Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Steel or aluminum?

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks Great!

Post #8 is what I used for a temporary roof before getting the OEM roof. It worked really well. It poured on us once and we stayed dry.

I like your extender. I plan on attempting something at some point similar to yours.

What did you use to attach the extender frame to the pioneer? Do you have some closeup pictures of where is connects?

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As a suggestion for the windshield I am not sure what kind of budget you have in mind but for me on my area when doing my research I found it was more expensive to purchase plexiglass and mounts than it was to just buy a cheap windshield from ebay. I have the flip up SuperATV and I like it alot. If I did it over again I would have sought after the flip up glass.

Cessna 150-150

Cessna 150-150

May 15, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hi Guys, Picked up a stock 700-4 and I've been floored by the price of add-ons. So I figured I'd give a go at making a few. First up was some lights (of course) and next was a bed extender for the essentials. I'm terrible at welding so its not winning any beauty contests but its functional and strong. Whatdya think?
View attachment 261878View attachment 261879View attachment 261880

Next I am going to try to figure something out for a full roof and windshield!
What a novel idea....nicely done! I wonder how/if PVC pipe would work out?