DIY Solar Battery Charger

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3748

I needed to make a new solar battery charger/maintainer and thought I'd make a video to show how easy it is. This solar panel is only 10W and is more of a maintainer than a charger. If you want faster charge times, get a panel with more watts. Let me know if you have any questions.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I needed to make a new solar battery charger/maintainer and thought I'd make a video to show how easy it is. This solar panel is only 10W and is more of a maintainer than a charger. If you want faster charge times, get a panel with more watts. Let me know if you have any questions.

That’s really cool, cheap and easy!!

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thanks. I'm thinking about adding one too the roof of my SxS. Have to come up with a good way to protect it though.
Um...yeah, that will be a tricky one. I’ll be interested in seeing what you develope!!

D

Deleted member 3748

Great video. I would love to become more proficient with solar energy, that looks really easy!
Super easy. I run a bigger panel on my garage roof and use it to keep a deep cycle battery charged. Then I run all kinds of 12V stuff of that battery, including a 400W inverter. We have a lot of power outages, and if we think it's going to be short one we just use that to keep the internet and computers going. My garage has a car stereo setup and lots of LED lights, etc. It's fun and free once you get it going.

Reactions: Tflynn
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Super easy. I run a bigger panel on my garage roof and use it to keep a deep cycle battery charged. Then I run all kinds of 12V stuff of that battery, including a 400W inverter. We have a lot of power outages, and if we think it's going to be short one we just use that to keep the internet and computers going. My garage has a car stereo setup and lots of LED lights, etc. It's fun and free once you get it going.
That’s awesome Piston, I know what you mean about free. My home in Oklahoma is off grid and I haven’t had a utility bill in 21 years there and the power never goes out.

Reactions: Tflynn
D

Deleted member 3748

That’s awesome Piston, I know what you mean about free. My home in Oklahoma is off grid and I haven’t had a utility bill in 21 years there and the power never goes out.
I want to see your setup!

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
A small snapshot of the panels and a detailed photo of the closet with all the gear!
Ok, no problem. I’m at my New Mexico property now but I’ll be back there mid August and I’ll get that for you.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Another idea for you guys. I built a passive solar heater, I had an exterior door that faced the South that I wanted moved. In place of the door I built a box the same size, lined it with dura-rock and painted the inside black. Its vented to the house at the bottom & top. I have a thermostat controlling 4" computer fan that is all run by a solar panel/battery......free heat :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!