Do you replace / clean air filter if it looks OK?

L

lukebuz

Jun 22, 2020
Bowling Green, KY
Ownership

1. 500
I have on 2017 P500, and I was doing the regularly scheduled maintenance. Every time I check the air filter it looks clean and not dusty. On both my Rancher and Pioneer, they they have a pretty easy life. 6 years old, less than 2,000 miles, around 500 hours each. Minimal dust, mostly trail rides in the woods and hauling firewood. No sand, but a long gravel driveway.

If it looks clean, do I need to clean / replace? Or am I OK to let it go until dirty?

Thanks!

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have on 2017 P500, and I was doing the regularly scheduled maintenance. Every time I check the air filter it looks clean and not dusty. On both my Rancher and Pioneer, they they have a pretty easy life. 6 years old, less than 2,000 miles, around 500 hours each. Minimal dust, mostly trail rides in the woods and hauling firewood. No sand, but a long gravel driveway.

If it looks clean, do I need to clean / replace? Or am I OK to let it go until dirty?

Thanks!
If shes clean than negative on the replacing. Let your conscience be the judge

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
I’m a maintenance freak. I have a clean filter on standby and will swap it out more than I should and clean the old one so I’ve always got one ready to go.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!