BOX1

P700 Does anybody run their 700 in the snow?

A

AKA-Logan

Oct 19, 2020
Dayton Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I would have to run in mountain snow frequently. How does the 700 get the white powdery stuff?

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I would have to run in mountain snow frequently. How does the 700 get the white powdery stuff?
How tall is that mountain?

I've run a few times in the snow. Snow is a bit like sand in that I can be a power hog, depending on what type. In general, it does fine until it starts jacking up on the skids, but the 700 is just not real powerful, so if you're expecting to throw rooster tails 20 feet in the air, it ain't happening.

A

AKA-Logan

Oct 19, 2020
Dayton Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I am not trying to run like a madman or anything, I have mountain property that I have been struggling to get to with the onset of winter. I would not expect it to run like a snowmobile. But I do want to get up there, eventually I would like to set it up with tracks. Maybe a different machine is my calling.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I am not trying to run like a madman or anything, I have mountain property that I have been struggling to get to with the onset of winter. I would not expect it to run like a snowmobile. But I do want to get up there, eventually I would like to set it up with tracks. Maybe a different machine is my calling.
Well...in that regard, I think they do pretty well. Like I said, ground clearance is the issue. It'll go until it starts getting jacked up.

This is the only video I have, and its not really much as far as snow goes. I had shot some more in deeper stuff...but it seems to have gotten lost...

I bet there is some youtube stuff out there?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you know you want tracks then I would talk to @rickoshea about his P1K5 setup. He might not be able to speak specifically to the 700 but he can talk wheels vs tracks on his machine. You can apply how that affects his machine to what you can expect it to do to other machines.

Or you can take the @906UP approach and have both SxS and snowmobile so you can pick your poison based on what the weather is doing.

Glock21user

Glock21user

" Nothing succeeds like excess "
Lifetime Member
Dec 16, 2018
Livingston county, Mi.
Ownership

1. 700-4
If you know you want tracks then I would talk to @rickoshea about his P1K5 setup. He might not be able to speak specifically to the 700 but he can talk wheels vs tracks on his machine. You can apply how that affects his machine to what you can expect it to do to other machines.

Or you can take the @906UP approach and have both SxS and snowmobile so you can pick your poison based on what the weather is doing.
We take the 906UP approach and run both, weather will decide when the sleds come out

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
M

MarkS

Logan-

My 2018 500, new in the spring of 2019, does fine in snow until it bottoms out, as others have said, so your 700 should do at least as well. This is a video of my first run in about 6 inches of snow in November that year. Being a red 500, it's gilding the lilly to bump it up to 2x speed, but that is just to give you an idea of the terrain I'm running on in northern New York near the Canadian border. I embellished the audio a bit from some clips I picked up around Watkins Glen.

A

AKA-Logan

Oct 19, 2020
Dayton Washington
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Logan-

My 2018 500, new in the spring of 2019, does fine in snow until it bottoms out, as others have said, so your 700 should do at least as well. This is a video of my first run in about 6 inches of snow in November that year. Being a red 500, it's gilding the lilly to bump it up to 2x speed, but that is just to give you an idea of the terrain I'm running on in northern New York near the Canadian border. I embellished the audio a bit from some clips I picked up around Watkins Glen.

Thanks for the input! love the audio...

D

Docwilles

Sep 30, 2020
McGill Nevada
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am honestly a little disappointed in my 700 in the mountains and snow. The fact that it is a little under powered and the low gear is not near low enough is very problematic. I run mine at about 8000 feet and it will just power out going up hills even with about 6 inches of snow. I wish I could boost the power and do a gear lowering conversion.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I am honestly a little disappointed in my 700 in the mountains and snow. The fact that it is a little under powered and the low gear is not near low enough is very problematic. I run mine at about 8000 feet and it will just power out going up hills even with about 6 inches of snow. I wish I could boost the power and do a gear lowering conversion.
What year, doc?
Try a free flowing air filter and maybe one of those exhaust tips. They help a little. Could even remove the airbox lid and get a bit more out of it.

D

Docwilles

Sep 30, 2020
McGill Nevada
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mine is a 2021, I’ll try those for sure.Does the free flow filter give you difficulties in the dust of summer?j

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Mine is a 2021, I’ll try those for sure.Does the free flow filter give you difficulties in the dust of summer?j
I have a stock filter. I've run a UNI in the past, and was uncomfortable with a small amount of dust in the intake tract...BUT, having watched this with the stock filter on my current one, it seems they all pass a small amount.

B

bartruff

Oct 2, 2017
Wenatchee, WA
Ownership

1. Big Red
I live at a ski area in the Pacific Northwest......I had a Big Red with Mattrack snow tracks and a 72" blade to clear the snow.....and I had absolutely no trouble at all .....made frequent 50 mile trips into the mountains.....there are about 200+" of snow here a season but seldom more than a couple feet of fresh snow in 24 hours....I had the Honda retitled as a WATV...... over snow vehicle...... in Washington State and leave the tracks on it year-round.

I am currently having a new 700 equipped the same.....I am confident it will go where I want to go and go as fast as I want to go...

• Wow
Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Sheriff Chief POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
am currently having a new 700 equipped the same.....I am confident it will go where I want to go and go as fast as I want to go...
You know the last post on this thread was 4 years ago? Lol

Anyway, glad your upgrading to a new P7 dont forget when you get it to post pics!
Pics Or It Didnt Happen!

B

bartruff

Oct 2, 2017
Wenatchee, WA
Ownership

1. Big Red
Time flies...I assume the subject is always worth discussion as tracked SXS are getting more popular......I maybe the only person in the PNW that does not have a digital camera and no way to take or post pictures.....I threw my f'ing mobile phone in the Columbia River several Years ago...;)

Last edited:
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!