P1000 Does the Pioneer 1000 have a kill switch?

CarneyRacing

CarneyRacing

Oct 19, 2015
I was thinking of installing an emergency stop on a P1000 once it arrives. Do these things have kill switches like a motorcycle, or will I have to grab one of the wires leading to the key?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram posted for this machine, or do I need to get a shop manual to have the wiring schematics?

Thanks!

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not trying to be a smart ass but why do you feel you need a kill switch in a machine with seat belts?

tundraman

tundraman

Oct 26, 2015
Not trying to be a smart ass but why do you feel you need a kill switch in a machine with seat belts?

Well, my tractor and Zero turn mower both have seat belts and kill switches in the seats .

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, my tractor and Zero turn mower both have seat belts and kill switches in the seats .
Mine do also, different use all together. I am sorry I was sticking my nose where it didn't belong.

CarneyRacing

CarneyRacing

Oct 19, 2015
I'm not offended in the least, so don't worry. In case anyone was wondering, I was looking to install a push-button E-stop so that a passenger could very quickly and instinctively stop the vehicle if needed. I'm sure the circuit will never be used, but in some cases the piece of mind would be worth it. I should have mentioned that in the first place.

Mine do also, different use all together. I am sorry I was sticking my nose where it didn't belong.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I was thinking of installing an emergency stop on a P1000 once it arrives. Do these things have kill switches like a motorcycle, or will I have to grab one of the wires leading to the key?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram posted for this machine, or do I need to get a shop manual to have the wiring schematics?

Thanks!

Why not turn the key off? It's a kill / start switch, just with a key.

Reactions: joeymt33
CarneyRacing

CarneyRacing

Oct 19, 2015
If you ever have to panic stop a piece of machinery with a key, you will find that a push button E-stop is way, way quicker.

Why not turn the key off? It's a kill / start switch, just with a key.

Last edited:
Reactions: ofrcboy
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
If you ever have to panic stop a piece of machinery with a key, you will find that a push button E-stop is way, way quicker.
Oh I get it the BRAKE pedal. :D

Reactions: Hawk53

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!