D

DJGWESTERNMD

Feb 9, 2015
GARRETT COUNTY, MD
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
NEW 500 OWNER, LESS THAN 70 MILES
IS THERE ANY ADJUSTMENT TO THE DOOR LATCHES?
IN ORDER TO CLOSE COMPLETELY I HAVE TO (SQUESE) THE LATCH TOGETHER.
THE DOORS DO A GREAT JOB PROTECTING THE LEGS.
THANKS

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi.
Just to make sure. You do know its a double latch. A general shut will only catch the first lock. It takes a good shut to engage the second.
So.. don't be afraid and shut it hard.

Could this be what you are talking about?

Reactions: jak9922
sam3006

sam3006

Dec 28, 2014
Damascus, AR
Ownership

1. 500
Also if you have the netting too tight on the door it will pull the door out of alignment with the latch, making the latch not catch or at least hard to latch, depending on how tight the netting is. I took the net off for a while and when I put it back on I got it too tight, threw the door latch way off, backed off o the front adjustment on the netting and all was OK again. If you adjust the netting with the door open you can get it way too tight.

Rex Herring

Rex Herring

Apr 24, 2015
Dickinson, ND
I sprayed Remington dry lube in mine and the emergency brake mechanism and both work smoother now. I didn't want to use something oily to collect dust.

Reactions: Hondasxs
jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Dual latch set up first easy close will allow it to rattle pull it harder and it will close tight and will not more rattle ;)

Reactions: Hondasxs

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!