P500 Falcon ridge soft door installation

J

JJ500

Nov 5, 2020
Wurtsboro, NY
Ownership

1. 500
Any suggestions on installation ? Enclosed instructions are not very clear and seem to include some steps that are not relevant to the p500

Reactions: pappyo
R

Ravensdeer

Dec 6, 2020
Ownership

1. 700-4
I just bought a set of those for my pioneer 520 & the instructions are pretty vague. How did the installation go for you? I'm gonna try & install mine tomorrow.

Reactions: pappyo
P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Just a Welcome to both NEW Members <> JJ500 & Ravensdeer. <> from central upstate N.Y

RED was the1st color all other colors followed Honda hopes they sell.
Many good people on the Honda forum AND they LIKE PICTURES.

J

JJ500

Nov 5, 2020
Wurtsboro, NY
Ownership

1. 500
Ravensdeer it’s been about 3 months since I installed the soft doors and I must confess that the instructions that were included were wrong and at times impossible to follow ! However, support from side by side was very responsive and outstanding.
regarding installation, I removed the Honda roof but was able work around my flip up windshield and full rear window. I did tackle the install alone but would recommend you have a helper since it will make the installation much easier With the extra set of hands. You will need to start at the top of the roll bar and first install the Velcro supports. As an added step I would suggest to first install the top of the door without the tacky Velcro and use just the Velcro tabs attached to the top of the door. You should then be able to determine how well the door will fit . If satisfied, mark these locations and install the tacky velcro which adds extra support and holds the top of the door tabs in place. Next , I proceeded down the fool baron the windshield side , always checking below and the rear by slightly pulling the door material taupe while marking with tape and paying attention to the fit. If satisfied, place the tacky strips in the desired locations first on the front bar then to the rear bar. You should now have the top, front and rear of the door Velcro installed. I found that in some locations the door fit was excellent and at other locations, especially around my front and rear windshield supports there were slight gaps. You final step should be the installation of the snaps that are easily installed in the plastic door and rear panel. Make sure you pull the bottom door material taupe and try to remove any wrinkles. At this point in the instructions there was a discrepancy in the number of snaps described. I seem to recall it described about 3 but only 2 snaps were installed at the bottom of the door. Should you want to or find the need to add additional you can purchase the entire kit with the punch and both sides of the snap at Home Depot. I hope this info proves helpful, and good luck !

R

Ravensdeer

Dec 6, 2020
Ownership

1. 700-4
Thank you for the info. Here goes nothing....lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!