P500 Full poly windscreen hard coat installation pieces.

DK54

DK54

Aug 28, 2015
North Texas
Ownership

1. 500
I am new to the site and just picked up my Pioneer two weeks ago so i apologize for any cross referencing. I ordered a winch, new bumper, hard top, storage bag, and windshield. I couldn't wait three days to leave my Honda at the dealership for them to install it all I figured I would just do it myself. But after installing the windshield I took it for a test run. It was late and dark and I forgot to tighten the knob on the passenger side down all the way. This is the knob at the bottom of the windshield that allows you to push the windshield up or pull it down for airflow or to get under the hood. Any way the knob flew off and I have searched and searched for it physically hoping to find it laying in the road but to no avail. I have also searched and searched online for the part number to replace the knob but Honda doesn't have the part listed on their site only the full windshield. It is just a small knob I think 2in by 9mm, I could replace it with a bolt/wingnut combo and I probably would if it was 5 years old but its brand new.... so mad at myself. My question is does anyone know the part number or similar part I could get I contacted my dealership but they have no clue and can't find it in their parts book and were going to reach out to their dealer rep. but I haven't heard back.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@DK54 Welcome to the club!

I don't know of any OEM replacement number for that piece. However LOWES home improvement stores has many alternative knobs & handles of all shapes and sizes in their hardware section.

Also this site has a seemingly endless options, could even get a matched set to it looks the same.
http://innovative-components.knobsource.com/category/knobs

Reactions: mrjeff42
DK54

DK54

Aug 28, 2015
North Texas
Ownership

1. 500
@DK54 Welcome to the club!

I don't know of any OEM replacement number for that piece. However LOWES home improvement stores has many alternative knobs & handles of all shapes and sizes in their hardware section.

Also this site has a seemingly endless options, could even get a matched set to it looks the same.
http://innovative-components.knobsource.com/category/knobs

I tried Lowes but to no avail I suppose I could just order TWO new ones online and it would look like they match. I just had my heart set on getting the originals on there. (huff)

p500fan

p500fan

Lifetime Member
Mar 30, 2015
Sand Point, AK
Don't feel too bad. Somehow, somewhere, I have lost the weatherstripping that runs along the side of my windshield. I'm trying to find a replacement for that.

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I lost the bottom bolt for the battery cover. Zip tied it for now. Dont let it drive ya crazy

ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I am new to the site and just picked up my Pioneer two weeks ago so i apologize for any cross referencing. I ordered a winch, new bumper, hard top, storage bag, and windshield. I couldn't wait three days to leave my Honda at the dealership for them to install it all I figured I would just do it myself. But after installing the windshield I took it for a test run. It was late and dark and I forgot to tighten the knob on the passenger side down all the way. This is the knob at the bottom of the windshield that allows you to push the windshield up or pull it down for airflow or to get under the hood. Any way the knob flew off and I have searched and searched for it physically hoping to find it laying in the road but to no avail. I have also searched and searched online for the part number to replace the knob but Honda doesn't have the part listed on their site only the full windshield. It is just a small knob I think 2in by 9mm, I could replace it with a bolt/wingnut combo and I probably would if it was 5 years old but its brand new.... so mad at myself. My question is does anyone know the part number or similar part I could get I contacted my dealership but they have no clue and can't find it in their parts book and were going to reach out to their dealer rep. but I haven't heard back.

DK,
Email or call the manufacture. Most of them are pretty cool and may just send you a new one. Worth a try

DK54

DK54

Aug 28, 2015
North Texas
Ownership

1. 500
DK, let me know what happens.
Ok sorry for the delay everyone but it has been a whirlwind last couple of weeks. So I called the manufacturer and spoke to the customer service department after going through about 10 minutes of explaining what I needed the guy took my information and said I will have to get back to you. I thought "yea ok dude" but low and behold not 15 minutes later I get a call back from the same guy asking me to verify my windshield and part number from the instructions list and he said ok here is the part number you should be able to call your dealer and get it from them. Luckily I was able to text my sales rep right then and there and told him the part number, he had his boys in the shop look it up and verify it and voila I got my replacement parts. The only bad thing is that it is the entire hardware set you have to buy. I don't care that much but it's about 15 bucks total for that little knob because of the rest of the hardware you have to purchase. Thanks for all the help and suggestions here is the PN if anyone else runs into the same problem!!! Osr72-hl3-100r1

Reactions: Fordman
ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Glad it worked out. I am shocked at times. there are some companies out there that still care. Few, but some

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Ok sorry for the delay everyone but it has been a whirlwind last couple of weeks. So I called the manufacturer and spoke to the customer service department after going through about 10 minutes of explaining what I needed the guy took my information and said I will have to get back to you. I thought "yea ok dude" but low and behold not 15 minutes later I get a call back from the same guy asking me to verify my windshield and part number from the instructions list and he said ok here is the part number you should be able to call your dealer and get it from them. Luckily I was able to text my sales rep right then and there and told him the part number, he had his boys in the shop look it up and verify it and voila I got my replacement parts. The only bad thing is that it is the entire hardware set you have to buy. I don't care that much but it's about 15 bucks total for that little knob because of the rest of the hardware you have to purchase. Thanks for all the help and suggestions here is the PN if anyone else runs into the same problem!!! Osr72-hl3-100r1

Thanks for posting the part #, that full hadware kit does that include all the clamps too? If so $15 is fer cheap for having spares, and you could use the clamps to mount other doo-dads like a go pro etc.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!