2. 500
Get it fixed yet???

25yrds

Oct 28, 2019
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Get it fixed yet???
No. Got busy with work. I did, however, start it up last night. Cranked for a long time, didn't fire. Put my foot on the gas pedal, opened it up just a little bit. Fired right up. Question, is there a throttle position sensor on this little engine? If so could be it needs adjusting

25yrds

Oct 28, 2019
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Well, that doesn't work. Tried it today after sitting 3 days, long crank, no fire, opened throttle a bit, still no fire. Cycled key a few times, no fire. Cranked a bit longer and it started. Shut it off and tried again. Started immediately. Runs extremely well.
No. Got busy with work. I did, however, start it up last night. Cranked for a long time, didn't fire. Put my foot on the gas pedal, opened it up just a little bit. Fired right up. Question, is there a throttle position sensor on this little engine? If so could be it needs adjusting

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Could it be bad or clogged injectors from sitting for so long?

C

CBpioneer

Jun 16, 2019
Cape Breton Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Maybe Canadian version is slightly different, but mine I just turn on key, wait till it says "hello Honda" on the display(friendly little critter) and crank. It fires right up. Back it out of the garage to sit a couple of minutes to warm. Then drive away on an adventure. Hasn't gotten real cold yet, just around freezing or slightly below.

Reactions: Gassygordo
70Bones

70Bones

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2017
New Brunswick Canada
Put a voltmeter across your accessory outlet (cigar lighter to us old guys), and watch the voltage while cranking. These honda's are extremely sensitive to voltage, and if below 12 volts while cranking, the computer just won't let it start.

25yrds

Oct 28, 2019
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Put a voltmeter across your accessory outlet (cigar lighter to us old guys), and watch the voltage while cranking. These honda's are extremely sensitive to voltage, and if below 12 volts while cranking, the computer just won't let it start.
I'm pretty sure you're right on the money. Happened again the other night after it had been sitting cold, like 18degrees. Just didn't sound like it was cranking as fast as it should. Cranked for a long time though. A weak cell in battery would definitely explain it.

Reactions: 70Bones and Mudder

25yrds

Oct 28, 2019
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Ok. I'm pretty sure I've got it figured out. Charged battery, Let I set outside over the weekend. Temperatures were around 20 degrees. Tried to start it. Really slow cranking. No start. Cycled, retried probably 15-20 times. Every time it seemed to crank a little faster. Then, when it cranked fastest it fired and ran great. Probably got to heavy oil in it for cold but bottom line, I'm gonna contact dealership where I bought it and see if they will warranty the battery. If not I'm gonna get a new one with more cca's

Last edited:
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Ok. I'm pretty sure I've got it figured out. Charged battery, Let I set outside over the weekend. Temperatures were around 20 degrees. Tried to start it. Really slow cranking. No start. Cycled, retried probably 15-20 times. Every time it seemed to crank a little faster. Then, when it cranked fastest it fired and ran great. Probably got to heavy oil in it for cold but bottom line, I'm gonna contact dealership where I bought it and see if they will warranty the battery. If not I'm gonna get a new one with more cca's

Remember to measure inside the battery box. If I remember correctly, there’s not a lot of extra room. If you find a bigger cca agm that fits let me know. May need a new one soon too. Stock cca is 240 I believe.

25yrds

Oct 28, 2019
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Remember to measure inside the battery box. If I remember correctly, there’s not a lot of extra room. If you find a bigger cca agm that fits let me know. May need a new one soon too. Stock cca is 240 I believe.
No extra room in my battery box. Actually bit the bullet and put a new in today. Autozone EXT14 Gold. Don't remember the cca's but I'm thinking it's around 240-260. I suspected it was cranking slow but I didn't realize how slow until now! WOW! Spins so fast it's running before I can let of the key! Unseasonably warm right now (hit 50 today). Can't wait to try it in cold weather

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
No extra room in my battery box. Actually bit the bullet and put a new in today. Autozone EXT14 Gold. Don't remember the cca's but I'm thinking it's around 240-260. I suspected it was cranking slow but I didn't realize how slow until now! WOW! Spins so fast it's running before I can let of the key! Unseasonably warm right now (hit 50 today). Can't wait to try it in cold weather
I've had great luck with those batteries.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!