P500 Stinger isolator fails in the cold.

M

MXSparky

May 26, 2020
Mid MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Since it got cold I've noticed my 2nd battery is always dead so I can't lift my snow plow when I first start my P1K but after a few minutes the battery takes a charge and I'm good to go. Could this be because my Stinger relay is frozen??
Is there something hooked to your second battery that isn’t fully shutting off? Sounds like a parasitic drain from something.

C

Chancemo

Jan 1, 2021
Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've got some more digging to do to figure out why but it looks like my radio has been coming on and draining the 2nd battery so I think my relay is still working fine. Thanks for all the help!

Reactions: rtn001 and MXSparky
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I've got some more digging to do to figure out why but it looks like my radio has been coming on and draining the 2nd battery so I think my relay is still working fine. Thanks for all the help!
Is your radio hooked up directly to the 2nd battery (or before the relay) so that it runs even when the key is off? The point of the relay is to only power accessories downstream from it if the key is on. If you didn't intentionally hook your radio up to run with the key off, something is not wired correctly.

Dave75

Dave75

Lifetime Member
Jan 5, 2021
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 520
Thanks.
Just ordered a Cole Hersey #241117-01 marine continuous duty 65a, 12v.
I have been using this for a week now with no problems. This morning it was -4f outside.

Thanks for the help.

86DC8EFC FB46 46FB 92DF 5A7A16672E05

Reactions: Chancemo and Scoop

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!