P1000 Door panel screws

kjw83

kjw83

Dec 2, 2017
Madisonville KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does anyone have a pic of the screws that hold the door panels on? I’m wanting to add the color panels to my base model 5 seater.....also the size of the screw would be helpful. Thanks

W

wyodlr

Aug 15, 2016
Cody Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
the dealers here just use the push pins , the same ones that hold the fenders on

kjw83

kjw83

Dec 2, 2017
Madisonville KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well my panels finally showed up and I was shocked to see that the screws used to hold them
to the door have a blunt end on them. For some reason in my mind I was expecting them to be like a self tapping screw.....can I just drill a hole in the door for the screw to thread in to? Hoping someone with a deluxe model can help me out......what does your doors look like with the panels removed? Is there something else I need for the screw to thread in to?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well my panels finally showed up and I was shocked to see that the screws used to hold them
to the door have a blunt end on them. For some reason in my mind I was expecting them to be like a self tapping screw.....can I just drill a hole in the door for the screw to thread in to? Hoping someone with a deluxe model can help me out......what does your doors look like with the panels removed? Is there something else I need for the screw to thread in to?

Did they not come with nutcerts?

McMaster-Carr

Reactions: pct
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No they did not.....I have a base model P1k5. I only ordered the door panels and the screws bc i was assuming that’s all I would need.

The link I included should be the right size

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok....so I just drill a hole, insert the rivet, and then thread the screw into it?

You will need a tool to seat the rivet as well. McMaster Carr has those as well. Don’t buy one from Harbor Freight or Northern tool they are utter crap.

McMaster-Carr

advertisement
H

HondaTech

Honda just wants you to mudclip them on. They'll be pretty loose after while, I'm sure. I'd probably just nut sert them like mentioned.

kjw83

kjw83

Dec 2, 2017
Madisonville KY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That one is utter JUNK I went through 3 of them PDQ(warranty)

Spend the extra $ and get the McMaster Carr one you won’t regret it.

What is junk about it? I’m not one to use a rivet tool very much....as long as I can get this one job done I’ll be happy

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What is junk about it? I’m not one to use a rivet tool very much....as long as I can get this one job done I’ll be happy
It comes apart , if you’re only gonna use it once it’s fine.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!