Downed Big Red

M

Matthewz39

Aug 15, 2020
Grants pass, Oregon
Ownership

1. Big Red
Hello people of the same interest. My name is Matt and I have a 2009 big red S×S that I am having issues with. It's getting fuel to the injector, the spark is strong and consistent but it won't start. Please help.

Reactions: Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello people of the same interest. My name is Matt and I have a 2009 big red S×S that I am having issues with. It's getting fuel to the injector, the spark is strong and consistent but it won't start. Please help.
Hello Matt, this could be several things, here’s where I’d start.
  1. Check all of your grounds and connections
  2. Check wiring harness for rodent damage
  3. Check valve clearance
  4. Check compression
Without any other info, it’s hard to diagnose what may be wrong.

M

Matthewz39

Aug 15, 2020
Grants pass, Oregon
Ownership

1. Big Red
Hello Matt, this could be several things, here’s where I’d start.
  1. Check all of your grounds and connections
  2. Check wiring harness for rodent damage
  3. Check valve clearance
  4. Check compression
Without any other info, it’s hard to diagnose what may be wrong.
Thank you for that quick response "Russ989" I appreciate the feed back. Unfortunately I have been over the thing twice now. Cleaned everything , looked from every angle. No damage visible. The valves where the first thing I checked because I heard little ting to it but they were barely out. I dont believe its getting fuel to the piston. Its injected but I don't no how to check those and got the machine without manual.Any feed back is much appreciated. Its actually my grandfather's side by side and he is like a kid. Chomping at the bit. Thank you.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you for that quick response "Russ989" I appreciate the feed back. Unfortunately I have been over the thing twice now. Cleaned everything , looked from every angle. No damage visible. The valves where the first thing I checked because I heard little ting to it but they were barely out. I dont believe its getting fuel to the piston. Its injected but I don't no how to check those and got the machine without manual.Any feed back is much appreciated. Its actually my grandfather's side by side and he is like a kid. Chomping at the bit. Thank you.
Here’s the fuel injector Part on Amazon. I’d pull the injector and make sure it’s getting gas. You could also give the intake a shot of starting fluid to see if it would fire.

wrhii

wrhii

Lifetime Member
Feb 22, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
. I’d pull the injector and make sure it’s getting gas. You could also give the intake a shot of starting fluid to see if it would fire.

Yep. What he said. 👍

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!