BOX1

P700 Drive on a lot of gravel and pavement. Tire and Wheel question.

Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
I am looking at Tusk Aramid Terrabites and Tusk Unita Beadlock wheels and wondered if anyone had experience with this combo in this kind of environment?

The reason I want to go with the 10 ply kevlar is due to having a metal recycling facility on the main gravel road out of my home. Lived here for 2 years and already picked up a piece of metal through my wife's car's sidewall.

My other concern is the wear on the stock tires. I seem to have a lot of sliding on the gravel with the stock tires and they leave rubber tread behind me when I turn on paved surfaces. Is this consistent with other folk's experiences? Anyone give me an estimate of miles of wear the stock tire gets on hard surfaces.

I know it is a shot in the dark but I suspect I am not the first to discover this as a potential issue.

SP82

SP82

Jan 21, 2021
CA
I have the terrabites and tusk Unitas myself. I went with the 8 ply for weight reasons. About 6lbs a tire if I remember. I really like them. Have a couple hundred miles on them they look absolutely new. After 200 miles on my oems the rears were already scuffed pretty hard. They are way smoother than oem on hard surfaces pavement etc. have had them in snow mud hard pack and sandy areas. They work great. And with the beadlocks you don’t have to worry about air pressure. It’s a good choice. You proabbaly don’t need the 10ply in comparison to the stock 4ply but if your ok with the extra weight it can’t hurt. Good luck. 623b33fc9075704ee72b3dbc416a1dac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have the terrabites and tusk Unitas myself. I went with the 8 ply for weight reasons. About 6lbs a tire if I remember. I really like them. Have a couple hundred miles on them they look absolutely new. After 200 miles on my oems the rears were already scuffed pretty hard. They are way smoother than oem on hard surfaces pavement etc. have had them in snow mud hard pack and sandy areas. They work great. And with the beadlocks you don’t have to worry about air pressure. It’s a good choice. You proabbaly don’t need the 10ply in comparison to the stock 4ply but if your ok with the extra weight it can’t hurt. Good luck. View attachment 268271

Thanks, you gave me the answer I expected based on my short experience. I'll look at the 8ply! Thanks again!

Rick49274

Rick49274

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2021
Reading MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Just ordered the Terrabites with Tusk Uinta Beadlock Wheels but now the gentleman at RMATV seems to have this order wrong or has anyone bought a tire package from these folks?

It only shows one of each tire and wheel which is striking and even though my profile shows I own the 2021 700-4, I note these say they fit the 2019 700-4?

Will these fit and does anyone know if the rep only ordered 1 front and 1 rear or do they show your order for a set of 4 this way?

SP82

SP82

Jan 21, 2021
CA
I ordered all my stuff from them , call them Monday morning. They are always very helpful and easy to deal with. Shipping is always fast as well.

Reactions: Rick49274
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!