Drummond Island Adventure Tours

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have seen some people from Michigan on here and wondered if anyone has used Jay J Rock Stressman's services? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you!

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have not used them or met them on the island. The trails on DI are pretty easy to navigate with the map provided at the visitor center. We typically put on +200 miles per year at DI but we also seek out the hardest trails and biggest obstacles

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We frequent Drummond almost every year. My wife vacationed there all growing up and now has 1/3 of the family trust for the house in Drummond. My wife and her family grew up knowing the waters and now my wife and I are starting to explore the land. This will be our second time ORVing on Drummond Island. Our first was in a bone stock pioneer 1000-5 and now we have made some improvements and gained some courage.

Last edited:
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We frequent Drummond almost every year. My wife vacationed there all growing up and now has 1/3 of the family trust for the house in Drummond. My wife and her family grew up knowing the waters and now my wife and I are starting to explore the land. This will be our second time ORVing. Our first was in a bone stock pioneer 1000-5 and now we have made some improvements and gained some courage.
If it looks like dirt and rocks it's probably safe. If it looks like ruts and deep water just keep in mind it's also a Jeep playground. As @TripleB and @Plumber32 found out in July there's plenty of variety from mud to rocks but the rain over the last month has made it a completely different place

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If it looks like dirt and rocks it's probably safe. If it looks like ruts and deep water just keep in mind it's also a Jeep playground. As @TripleB and @Plumber32 found out in July there's plenty of variety from mud to rocks but the rain over the last month has made it a completely different place
Sxs blog guys did thre mud trail the opposite direction than we did. I'm even more impressed now with what we did compared to what professionals did lol. Same with Marblehead.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sxs blog guys did thre mud trail the opposite direction than we did. I'm even more impressed now with what we did compared to what professionals did lol. Same with Marblehead.
They did it for YouTube content... We did it because it was guys weekend and there were zero Fs to give

We should also note they did it in machines with a boat load of money parts and we did it in machines with 3-5 years of experience and 3 boat loads of replacement parts

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The first time we went to Marblehead we watched a group of jeepers go down it and up it. We parked and walked down to the cliff edge. We might think about trying it in the pioneer this time. We had a huge blast last time and the machine overly impressed us everywhere we went. There was 1 place we turned around and that was after Marblehead when we followed the jeeps out. I don't know where they went but a little ways down the road they were hitting mud ruts that came up to their lifted jeep doors and we decided no thanks. There was 1 spot that I can't remember where it was but it was a very long string of hills full of rocks just continuous rocks. We went all the way thru it and it was just nerve wracking thinking of a pinched sidewall in the stock big horns with no spare with us. We went so slow thru it that it felt like forever. Then had to crawl all back down it to go home. That is the only spot we did not enjoy.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The first time we went to Marblehead we watched a group of jeepers go down it and up it. We parked and walked down to the cliff edge. We might think about trying it in the pioneer this time. We had a huge blast last time and the machine overly impressed us everywhere we went. There was 1 place we turned around and that was after Marblehead when we followed the jeeps out. I don't know where they went but a little ways down the road they were hitting mud ruts that came up to their lifted jeep doors and we decided no thanks. There was 1 spot that I can't remember where it was but it was a very long string of hills full of rocks just continuous rocks. We went all the way thru it and it was just nerve wracking thinking of a pinched sidewall in the stock big horns with no spare with us. We went so slow thru it that it felt like forever. Then had to crawl all back down it to go home. That is the only spot we did not enjoy.
Ive done marblehead a few times. Once with my stock base P1K5 and a few other times with the accessories I currently have. Its not bad, didn't have any problems either time.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ive done marblehead a few times. Once with my stock base P1K5 and a few other times with the accessories I currently have. Its not bad, didn't have any problems either time.
It can put you in a sketchy predicament if you slide sideways. I'd make sure you had a 2nd rig to anchor off of just in case. I believe it's more chewed up than it use to be watching videos.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It can put you in a sketchy predicament if you slide sideways. I'd make sure you had a 2nd rig to anchor off of just in case. I believe it's more chewed up than it use to be watching videos.
Oh yeah i be it is for sure. The Ole Lady and I went up and down it alone stock in 16’ and its a wonder we made it.

M

Michiganboy

Aug 17, 2021
Grand Rapids
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. 1000-5
I agree not having a spare tire is stressful on Drummond island.

Reactions: Robobrainiac

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!