P1000 dual battery AUX only activation Delayed…

CJQuig

CJQuig

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2023
St Johns, Nl, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mighty Max12V 26AH Battery Replacement for Odyssey PC925 for aux battery, key-on takes a few seconds to kick in.

I assume the battery is being charged causing the delay? Could the battery be a lemon?

CQ

Reactions: TxDoc
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
More info...
Whats the age on the mighty max?
I bet your "key-on" is dependent on the "blue light" coming on (= the isolator being connected). If it is, then there is an issue.
- Is the mighty max grounded to a frame or back to the primary battery? Where exactly did you ground it.
- Is the mighty max good, have you tested it standalone.

Reactions: bumperm and TxDoc
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Oh... You are also in Canada. Is it still below freezing there when this happens?

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
CJQuig

CJQuig

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2023
St Johns, Nl, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
More info...
Whats the age on the mighty max?
I bet your "key-on" is dependent on the "blue light" coming on (= the isolator being connected). If it is, then there is an issue.
- Is the mighty max grounded to a frame or back to the primary battery? Where exactly did you ground it.
- Is the mighty max good, have you tested it standalone.
Batt is fresh out of box, new, grounded to frame. I tested with volt meter, when machine is off the battery drops below 5V.

Not tested standalone.

• Wow
Reactions: NTCPrezJB
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Batt is fresh out of box, new, grounded to frame. I tested with volt meter, when machine is off the battery drops below 5V.

Not tested standalone.
I’d throw it on a charger and get it up to 12 at least.

CJQuig

CJQuig

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2023
St Johns, Nl, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Got to figure out why this is happening.

Your delayed "key-on" status, is a result of the isolator connecting thus proving enough power for accessories.
Yes, it that because the aux battery would drain the main battery, causing it to go below 12.7? I watched it on the dual meter, that's when it all shuts off, around the same time as the delay with the "key-on" switch to activate aux battery. I can hear the isolator "Click", but no juice.

BTW, Great product!!!

"Pre-Wired Control Switch"
80-AMP Battery Isolator or Relay - Compare to Stinger brand.. @Hondasxs Club Store.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Can you re-verify the battery ground?
Either to the ground wire (2016-2021) Or a clean frame, or to the primary battery negative post.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Since you have a voltmeter, I suggest removing the ground from the Aux battery. Check and note voltage. 5 volts is a strong indication of a DOA battery. But just to be sure, charge it with a separate known good charger. When it is fully charged, check voltage, if good, let the battery rest for a few hours and check again. Preferred if you can load test it, to be sure. I agree with our fearless leader . . . and think the battery is probably bad.

CJQuig

CJQuig

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2023
St Johns, Nl, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Since you have a voltmeter, I suggest removing the ground from the Aux battery. Check and note voltage. 5 volts is a strong indication of a DOA battery. But just to be sure, charge it with a separate known good charger. When it is fully charged, check voltage, if good, let the battery rest for a few hours and check again. Preferred if you can load test it, to be sure. I agree with our fearless leader . . . and think the battery is probably bad.
Thank you yet again, gentlemen. It is what it is.

God bless

CJQuig

CJQuig

Lifetime Member
Nov 21, 2023
St Johns, Nl, Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Update, went with new battery Yumasa GYZ16H, works like a charm! And received refund on the other battery. 61mqqkxL1yL AC SL1000

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!