Talon Dual Battery Setup

Buckwheat

Buckwheat

Lifetime Member
Oct 18, 2015
Georgia
Ownership

1. Talon R
I am done with the dual battery setup and switch plan on the Talon. I am running the Odyssey PC1500 battery on the passenger side of the motor along with a separate fuse panel under the hood with a battery isolator under the hood. I mounted the solenoid under the driver seat to control key on power to the fuse panel. I used the factory winch battery cables for the isolator and the ground of the fuse panel under the hood.

Link to Battery Tray:
Battery Box Universal Odyssey PC1500 Mount Tray

BatteryISOlator Talon Dual Battery Talon FusePanel Talon SwitchPlate Talon

J

justin2959

Apr 11, 2019
US
Looks like a pretty good setup. Im just curious how you attached the battery box to makes sure its very secure. Im just looking for ideas im thinking of a dual battery also

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I am done with the dual battery setup and switch plan on the Talon. I am running the Odyssey PC1500 battery on the passenger side of the motor along with a separate fuse panel under the hood with a battery isolator under the hood. I mounted the solenoid under the driver seat to control key on power to the fuse panel. I used the factory winch battery cables for the isolator and the ground of the fuse panel under the hood.

Link to Battery Tray:

View attachment 123121 View attachment 123122 View attachment 123123 View attachment 123124
590251E3 B39E 4A87 96D1 E8CF5DE3C704

Reactions: JTW and Mudwing
S

SmokeyMike

Jan 25, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Link to Battery Tray:

View attachment 123121 View attachment 123122 View attachment 123123 View attachment 123124
Nice job on the dual battery setup, I did this for my pioneer 1000.5 as well but it had a spot under hood for the 2nd battery,traded in my pioneer for talon x and I see your link for the battery box but how did you mount that box to the talon? Also did you custom fab that switch plate or purchase somewhere as $299 plus sub harness IS A LOT of $$$ considering I did the dual battery setup and custom switches all wiring connectors isolator and battery for less than hondas switch panel, thanks for any assistance

rbtnt

rbtnt

Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2015
Ownership

1. Talon X
Very nice. I also have the question about the switch plate. Is that something you made?

Buckwheat

Buckwheat

Lifetime Member
Oct 18, 2015
Georgia
Ownership

1. Talon R
Very nice. I also have the question about the switch plate. Is that something you made?

I had a local machine shop cut one out for me that I designed in CAD.

PRF

PRF

Mar 31, 2019
New River, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Has the heat from the exhaust manifold caused any problems for the battery?

Buckwheat

Buckwheat

Lifetime Member
Oct 18, 2015
Georgia
Ownership

1. Talon R
Looks like a more complex install under the hood. What made you change the location?

I plan on running the true dual HMF exhaust and they change the head pipe so making room for it.

Reactions: PRF
U

Usmcmikeb13669

Mar 7, 2021
Grantville
Ownership

1. Talon R
Im
Curious guys, I only have a soundbar and rock lights on my talon. Should I bother with a second battery Setup?

C

COPS

Apr 3, 2021
Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Another idea y'all might be interested in: I used 8 38120 cells in 4s2p with an isolator between the 2p. I'm currently using this setup on my X3. It used to have serious issues running the winch for any length of time or under a hard pull. This setup completely eliminated the issue. It will even run the winch at idle now. My favorite feature is that it fits in place of the factory battery box and weighs about 1/3 of what the old battery did. I also noticed a significant improvement in sound quality from the ProBox audio roof and I don't have to worry about it draining my starter battery. I plan on running the same setup in my Talon.

(Talon locker will not work in a Pioneer)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!