Dynamat on hard top

• Thread starter Pioneeringfamily
  • Start date
P

Pioneeringfamily

Aug 28, 2013
This is my first hard top UTV, and I know the hard keep more sound in the cabin area but I was wandering if anyone has ever installed a Dynamat type sound deadener on the inside of a hard top to help reduce noise. I know something like this is installed on Kubota tractor fiberglass hard top a friend in mine owns and I guess it is for the same reasons. Anyway just hoping to hear the voice of experience before I buy something that may or may not work.

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
i think it would work great it works good on my 4020 john deere that has a steel canopy

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
Good idea. Please keep us posted if anyone tries it.

S

Swamper

Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2013
After doing some research it appears that what may work best on under the roof is a sound absorbing material. 3M is one company that makes this. Since the sound is coming from beneath, we need a material that reduces sound reflection. For the areas between engine/drivetrain and the cab, what may work best is a sound barrier material like a thin layer of mass loaded vinyl. For muffler shield and panels prone to vibration, sound dampening strips may work well. As soon as I get of these long work days of a plant turnaround I may try some of these applications. Pioneer is one of the quietest but I'm always tinkering :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!