P700 installing blower to cut down on engine heat

2Track

2Track

Aug 18, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
I could use some electrical advice. I'm putting a blower with a switch underneath my seat to help control engine heat. I'd like to tie into a positive and neutral wire that's connected to the switch that allows no power to my blower unless the engines running. Does anybody have an idea what wires I should tie into coming off of the electrical near the battery that would do this. I want to do it this way because I don't want to risk the fan being left on when the engine shut off.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Nice I'll take a look at that!
Here ya go. No cut key-on power harness for your 700, among others.

If you plan on adding any other accessories, spend a little time searching the forums for posts by folks who have added fuse boxes and other related items.

Or consider the Auxbeam 8 gang panel. Makes adding more accessories much easier. I have a half dozen Carling switches but needed switched power when I added my bilge blower/fan (like you want to do), so I added the Auxbeam panel.

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think if you just add the trigger shield you will accomplish a satisfactory result. I have done basically the same thing and it really cuts down on heat and it’s ready to go and machine specific

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I think if you just add the trigger shield you will accomplish a satisfactory result. I have done basic the same thing and it really cuts down on heat with is it’s ready to go and machine specific
Thanks Oso. I was going to suggest that but didn't want to come across as pushy. But yes, in a P7 you really don't need the bilge fan, a shield will suffice.

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I think if you just add the trigger shield you will accomplish a satisfactory result. I have done basically the same thing and it really cuts down on heat and it’s ready to go and machine specific
X2, although I have a P1000 I also have a heat shield from @trigger and it works wonders with the heat. Never had a bilge fan but I live in the heat in Mississippi so I am used to it.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks Oso. I was going to suggest that but didn't want to come across as pushy. But yes, in a P7 you really don't need the bilge fan, a shield will suffice.
Yea sir! Your shield works for the heat fo sho! A bilge fan helps with the steam you get from water hitting your exhaust

2Track

2Track

Aug 18, 2020
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-4
The shield would have been good but I already have the bilge fan so I'll go with that first. But does the 2020 700-4 have an accessory plug in the rear somewhere? I've found the one in the front. Thx

Reactions: NewHere2 and osobad
osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
The shield would have been good but I already have the bilge fan so I'll go with that first. But does the 2020 700-4 have an accessory plug in the rear somewhere? I've found the one in the front. Thx
There is a plug for back up lights. Not aware of one for accessories

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I guess if you back up a lot that would be fine. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!