Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The wife and I are discusing E bikes to take with us while traveling in or MH. We will be towing our 4 door Wrangler or the box trailer nearly 100% of the time.
The more research I do the more unsure of what I should buy. Here are a couple things I are basing my decision on.

1. We both just turned 60, so stowing and unstowing is important.
2. Comfortable of body position while riding.
3. Multi terrain riding, not just asphalt bike paths. Dirt roads maybe but not hard core trail riding.
4. Most likely a rack on rear to carry a few emergency items.
5. Folding/ solid frame?
6. Step through frame or not.

Do any of the forum members own any e-bikes? If so what is your experience, goods and bads.

Here are the two bikes on my list so far.

Lectric 3.0
Aventon Aventure.2

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
The wife and I are discusing E bikes to take with us while traveling in or MH. We will be towing our 4 door Wrangler or the box trailer nearly 100% of the time.
The more research I do the more unsure of what I should buy. Here are a couple things I are basing my decision on.

3. Multi terrain riding, not just asphalt bike paths. Dirt roads maybe but not hard core trail riding.
5. Folding/ solid frame?

Do any of the forum members own any e-bikes? If so what is your experience, goods and bads.

Lectric 3.0
Aventon Aventure.2
I have no ideal what bike you should buy, but be aware that many MTB/Hiking trail systems prohibit e-bikes if you're thinking of hitting those types of things.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have no ideal what bike you should buy, but be aware that many MTB/Hiking trail systems prohibit e-bikes if you're thinking of hitting those types of things.
Don't think there will be much trail riding! Hell ill take one of my Hondas to ride.
We are planning a PNW trip in August/September this year. So mostly bike paths and bike lanes for the old people.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bought a Lectric 3.0 for my son a couple years ago.
Really good quality, dual battery which last about a month. It's the model that can fold in half for storage, but we never have. Its heavy - sturdy and hauls azz. Fun too ride.
Pretty good selection of accessories.
He rides it to work daily and everywhere, year round.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Bought a Lectric 3.0 for my son a couple years ago.
Really good quality, dual battery which last about a month. It's the model that can fold in half for storage, but we never have. Its heavy - sturdy and hauls azz. Fun too ride.
Pretty good selection of accessories.
He rides it to work daily and everywhere, year round.
The 3.0 is a very straight forward looking bike. Can I ask how tall you son is? I am 6'3" and I am concerned that it is a little smaller for my size. Any personal experience from him would be really awesome.

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20230625 081325

The wife and I will probably get one in a year or two.
My son loves the bike! Rides at night a good bit, he says great lights.
No complaints..he also has an anal Dad who keeps it like new..

Last edited:
Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The 3.0 is a very straight forward looking bike. Can I ask how tall you son is? I am 6'3" and I am concerned that it is a little smaller for my size. Any personal experience from him would be really awesome.
He's about 6' @ 200 lbs.
I'm 6' @ um.. 220 and I'm comfortable on it.
It has adjustable bars and an upgrade, adjustable seat.
Good customer service by the way. They are based in Arizona.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
He's about 6' @ 200 lbs.
I'm 6' @ um.. 220 and I'm comfortable on it.
It has adjustable bars and an upgrade, adjustable seat.
Good customer service by the way. They are based in Arizona.
I am a small business owner also, so American made is a huge + for me.
Thanks for the photos and your thoughts. If you would buy again thats a + to me.

H

HondaTech

One of our distributors (Tucker) has a ton of the Fuell bikes for sale cheap. Normally there like $3-4k but they've been selling them to us for $1k.

Our GM got a couple and rides the heck outta them, over 100 miles of range, headlight, speedo, swappable batteries.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

5. Folding/ solid frame?

Lectric 3.0
Aventon Aventure.2
Here u go Mike! 🤣
Beep Beep!!!
Out of my way, Im a motorist
IMG 6578

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
One of our distributors (Tucker) has a ton of the Fuell bikes for sale cheap. Normally there like $3-4k but they've been selling them to us for $1k.

Our GM got a couple and rides the heck outta them, over 100 miles of range, headlight, speedo, swappable batteries.
Contact info?

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

5. Folding/ solid frame?

Lectric 3.0
Aventon Aventure.2
🤔Have you considered a Honda CRF150L? Or a Grom? Or a Trail 125? Screw bike paths. 🤣😂 seriously though, I understand the argument for e-bikes. I hope you get some good advice for me to read alongside

Reactions: Smitty335
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
🤔Have you considered a Honda CRF150L? Or a Grom? Or a Trail 125? Screw bike paths. 🤣😂 seriously though, I understand the argument for e-bikes. I hope you get some good advice for me to read alongside
Yes sir don't want anything that is gas powered. I have the Pioneer and a Talon, only want the bikes for our travels without the sxs's.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!