JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Shot this for my website. I’d say most of this accidentally turned out great!! Fun little machine to fly!!! This will make adventure documentation from a whole new perspective.

Sweet!!

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Very cool! I want one SO bad.

if you can afford it get the Mavic air 2. More automated capabilities. But the mini is a good flier! You have to fly it though. I may upgrade to Mavic air 2 once we see that the mini gets used enough. It’s just cool to get different viewing angles

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Very cool. I would love to get one for making YouTube videos, but I am too dumb to figure out how to upload from my GoPro, so I probably wont get one of these. I just always film, edit, and post from my phone. Your vids look like they could be the Honda Talon commercial! Good job man!

Reactions: Backwoods
TerryH

TerryH

Supporting Member
Sep 13, 2019
Springdale, Ar
Ownership

1. Talon X
if you can afford it get the Mavic air 2. More automated capabilities. But the mini is a good flier! You have to fly it though. I may upgrade to Mavic air 2 once we see that the mini gets used enough. It’s just cool to get different viewing angles

That's my issue. I'm having a hard time justifying the price. 90% of where we ride is dense woods so not many situations that I could feasibly use it.

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We picked up the original Mavic Mini on sale at Costco for $350 the day after Christmas. It seems really cool for a beginner. The costco package does come with an extra battery so it makes it a pretty good deal. I did look at the new Mini 2 but figured I better learn to fly a cheaper version first. We bought my kid a super cheap kid drone from Walmart for Christmas. It never would fly very well and on the 3rd flight it actually took off into oblivion and no where to be found. I felt like a real jerk loosing his Santa gift so we decided we had to make it up to him and bought a little more spendy one. Now if I can only get it out of his hands so I can fly it myself.

Reactions: Blownzuki
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
We picked up the original Mavic Mini on sale at Costco for $350 the day after Christmas. It seems really cool for a beginner. The costco package does come with an extra battery so it makes it a pretty good deal. I did look at the new Mini 2 but figured I better learn to fly a cheaper version first. We bought my kid a super cheap kid drone from Walmart for Christmas. It never would fly very well and on the 3rd flight it actually took off into oblivion and no where to be found. I felt like a real jerk loosing his Santa gift so we decided we had to make it up to him and bought a little more spendy one. Now if I can only get it out of his hands so I can fly it myself.
Several years ago, I was thinking about getting into RC airplanes and started hanging with some guys into that and going to meets, last trip saw a freshly fueled $ 1,000.00 plane take off and it never banked, the guy looked for it for months and never found it, I'll have my fun on the ground with RC, Thank You!

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I’m a little scared to fly too far yet and lose DJI but we live on a rural area without much radio interference.

Forgot to mention my stunt driver is my father-in-law who turned 71 in November!!! He drives like teenage still. He always starts a ride in the back and after about 5 miles He’s in the front. Can’t hold him back!!!😆

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X

I did the same thing about 2 years ago. Bought a cheap $30 drone without camera for kids to fly but it was crap. Wouldn’t hover. They lost interest immediately. The mini 2 is a different machine. It’s very easy to fly. And being able to see and record pics and videos from elevation keeps kids interested.

My nephew got a walmart drone and lost it within a minute outdoors. Because those are Infrared remotes and the sunlight confuses them. That drone just flew away to who knows where. They are meant for indoor use only.

Reactions: tjoreo
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Several years ago, I was thinking about getting into RC airplanes and started hanging with some guys into that and going to meets, last trip saw a freshly fueled $ 1,000.00 plane take off and it never banked, the guy looked for it for months and never found it, I'll have my fun on the ground with RC, Thank You!

Lol old people 🙄

B

bjniceguy

May 25, 2019
Iowa
Ownership

1. Talon R
i have the mavic air 2 but you may want the pro as it has more direction avoidance than the air 2 (only up and forward) mine can come down on an obstacle Are you guys using follow me or just flying? working at setting up an ipad mini to controller instead of phone.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I'm flying. The mini 2 does not have moving object tracking yet. I've ready where Litchi app developers hacked the mini 1 to track so I'm waiting on that for the mini 2. Mini 2 will only fly around stationary objects as bought.

From Litchi website:
Version 2.9.0 (November 20, 2020)
- added support for Mavic Mini 1, all flight modes are supported except waypoint which will come in a future update

I'd like the waypoint function also.

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Pic taken with DJI Mini 2, 4-2-21. This little drone's image quality is amazing! I would have never expected this high quality from an entry level drone. And it was rather windy at this time. I'm already nervous about flying over water without windy conditions but the little drone flew like it was calm. Very pleased with this machine so far!
Drone sandbar pic 4 2 21

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!